𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍|𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇

MARA WILLIAMS

Draco Malfoy was a dick.

I lay awake in bed that night, sexually frustrated beyond belief and filled with hate towards the boy with blonde hair. How dare he? Who the hell did he think he was to lead me on like that? Take me right to the edge and then drop me like a ton of bricks before I could even finish?

He was every bit as cruel as they said he was and worse. He pretended to care about me, he did things to me no one had ever done before, and for what? All because of some jealous grudge against some Weasley boy I didn't even know?
-Well I was done being a pawn in his loosing game, and it was about time I stopped letting him shove me around too, not just metaphorically.

I would make him pay.

That night I dreamed of a life I once lived, what seemed like many years ago, in a foreign land, far, far away from here.
My mother had died not long before, her loss still wreaked havoc on my broken soul.
Everyday I cried, everyday I screamed, begging for her to come back. If a God did exist he was just as merciless as I feared, he didn't listen. He didn't care.

I cried out into the empty abyss beyond the sky but my grief fell deaf ears. Only the angels wept for me, raindrops falling on my face in the cold night air.

My lungs burned and my skin seared despite the cold, a wicked rage manifesting inside of me, a hatred for my own flesh and blood. He had done this.

I dared not even call him my father anymore, not after what he had done. He was nothing to me now.

He was a selfish man and a cowardly one at that, everything he ever did was purely to save his own skin, even at the expense of his family. He hadn't always been that way though, if I closed my eyes and thought hard enough I had memories of what was once a good man, not yet tainted by the clutches of the dark side.

But then he started to disappear, for nights on end, and people around us began to go missing. A coincidence we called it, but only at first. After a while it became undeniable, people from the ministry, anyone with afflictions that were good and pure, all vanishing as if plucked from the night by the devil himself.
-All people that had crossed the dark one who could not be named. An evil we feared above all else.

I stared up at the stars, bright and proud, like a thousand godly eyes staring back at me. The cowardly moon quivered behind the wisps of inky black clouds, even he knew to fear a woman scorned.

I couldn't tear my eyes away, even when a thick voice appeared behind me. "Mara? What are you doing out here, it's raining?"

I couldn't even look at him as I quickly wiped my tears from my eyes with the back of my sleeve, hoping that under the thick cloak of nightfall he wouldn't notice my puffy eyes. "I... I just needed some fresh air."

"Well come back inside, it's late and my parents are beginning to worry." A thick hand snaked around my wrist, "Come Solnyshko."

-Solnyshko. His name for me, meaning little sun, but I much preferred the stars.

The sun was a beautiful coward, desperate for scourge and damned to ruin us all for it's vanity.
He sought his own reflection in every river, lake and ocean, blinding us with his light just so we would all know just how proud he stood above us, that he had given us life in a moment, and he could just as easily take it away.

But the stars were a constant. Always there, even when they couldn't be seen past the sun's imperious glare. They only appeared when all was quite and dark, they had no one to impress, only those to watch over.

I found comfort in the stars embrace. My mother had once told my a tale of a girl who sought to touch the stars, she said when we are born we are sent from them, and when we die we return. All life had a balance, all life was only borrowed, and one day it had to be given back.
She said that the moment the girl laid her hand upon the heavenly body the heavens opened up and the Lord spoke to her. She never finished telling me that story... My father had came in, furious, I could still hear his yells and my mother's screams. He did not believe in a God, and why should he? He was a devilish man, instinctively blasphemous in his ways.