𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘𝐒𝐈𝐗|𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐁𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐌

PANSY PARKINSON

It was a strange creature that she owned. I'd never seen one quite like it before, with its small button nose and rich brown fur, even a pale stripe like a bib that ran the length of its underbelly.
I stared at the sleeping stoat, finding my fingers reached out of their own accord to stroke it.
-Was it really as soft as it looked?

It was, and more so. Now I understood why she wanted such a curious thing. It was funny at times too, eating Goyle's snacks and sleeping curled up on Malfoy's place on the couch even when he wasn't there. It was just as weirdly attached to that boy as he was to it.

The door opened and I quickly retracted my hand from the animal, but it was too late, he'd already seen.
"What are you doing?" Malfoy frowned as he saw me sitting besides the stoat in the empty common room.
"-Nothing." I answered a little too quickly.

He didn't say a word, he didn't even look at me as he scooped the sleeping creature off the couch and into his arms, turning to carry it upstairs with him to the boys dorms, taking with him my last opportunity to set things straight between us. "Draco wait..."

Things had been beyond awkward since that night, and his words were still raw to me.
I will never want you.

He froze with his back to me, blonde hair seeming almost white in the flicker of the lamp light. I took a deep breath, I had so much I wanted to say but so little time. It would take an eternity to say all the things I thought about Draco Malfoy, and even then I doubted I'd ever be able to put it into words, let alone speak them aloud. "-I just... I- Im sorry."

He deadpanned darkly, already staring to disappear up the stairs. "Sorry's just a word, Pansy."

"...So that's it?" I called after him, making him halt once more with a heavy sigh. "-Are we just done talking?"

He grunted in response and took another step. "I don't know, are we?"

I couldn't let him walk away, not this time. He ran from his problems, but little did he realise that one day they'd catch him up.

"Don't you turn your back on me Draco!" The shout broke free of me before I could stop it. "You don't get to be pissed off at me, I'm pissed off at you!"

His pale eyes crawled down my body before reaching my face once more, but not in the greedy way that a man looks at a woman, instead he was scrutinising every flaw.
"For what?" He hissed. There were a million and one reasons to hate Draco Malfoy, and only a few to love him, but I did none the less. Unconditionally.

"I know exactly what you're doing!" He looked at me boredly, but I didn't stop. "You do this every damn time, you can't keep ignoring me forever! You can't keep pushing people away like this!"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He snapped, a muscle in his jaw beginning to tick slightly. His annoyance only triggered off something inside of me, something hot and angry and pleading.

"-Don't you lie to me Draco, I know where you disappear off to at night!" Tears blurred my vision but I didn't let them fall, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry, I wouldn't let him know how deeply just one look from him affected me. I would never bare my soul to him ever again, not after last time. He didn't deserve to know me like that.

-He didn't care. He didn't care about anyone but himself, not truly.

"I was there for you when no one else was!" I clenched my fists, digging my nails into my palm in hope that the pain would distract me from the way his eyes seared my skin. "We were good!.. We were better than good and then you told me to fuck off, and you practically up and vanish!"