Chapter 1 - Province Cintra of Nilfgaard -

I aggressively took my sword out of the corpse of a man in black and golden armour. Nilfgaard. Of course. I knew that Ciri wasn't here anymore, she wouldn't return to this place. No human with common sense would go back here so she would run right into the arms of Nilfgaard. She fled for a reason, of course. But me not thinking for a second, didn't realize that so soon, only when more soldiers came into the city and Geralt was maybe already a day or two of journey ahead. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the, now empty, farmhouse. I was more than angry for me not overthinking and then separating from Geralt who may be in trouble. He could manage, no doubts on that but the Child Surprise? I could be looking for her, too, but instead, I'm stuck in Cintra. Not exactly stuck but it was hard to get out with every soldier running towards you with their swords drawn. That only worsened my anger. One had only looked at me the wrong way and I'd have their head. I cracked my neck and my back and waved around with my sword to get rid of the blood. 

"You! Put you swor-" A soldier in black and golden armour yelled and came my way. I groaned and cut his sentence off, literally. "Ugh, quit it already!" I yelled and threw my sword like a spear right between his eyes. The man flew back, sitting with a broken spine against a wall and my sword through his skull inside the wooden wall. I put my leg, to steady myself, on the said wall and pulled my sword out. "Dammit, I'll be needing a new sword if this continues." I mumbled and examined my sword which had some scratches on it. "Fucking Nilfgaard." I cursed under my breath and kicked the already dead man, with broken spine and hole in his head, in the guts and it made another satisfying cracking sound. I closed my eyes to control myself, to not continue this action. I held my sword lazily over my shoulder; it wouldn't take long for another of those fuckers to lunge at me again. 

I had the feeling that my eyes were burning with the need to slaughter anyone who came into my way to get back to Geralt. "Excuse me, Miss." A stern voice from a few meters in front of me spoke. I clenched my jaw. He didn't yell or do something rude, maybe he had a chance. "Yes?" I said with a monotone voice, raising my brows and bringing my sword next to my hip. "I'll have to ask you, to come with me." he said and I could smell the sweat of fear and even see some of its drops on his forehead. "And where will you be taking me?" I asked and blinked a few times, trying to keep myself from cutting him in half. "Prison, for slaughtering in the streets of the province Cintra of Nilfgaard." he said and I snorted unamused at him. "Sir, your hair." I said playing a polite attitude and pointing at his head with a played shocked expression. "Yeah, what's with it?" he asked and tried to look at it. "It's burning." I said and smirked while he shook his head and rolled his eyes. A snap of my fingers and I simply used Igni to ignite his hair. The man yelled and screamed in pain. "M-make it stop! You- you witch!" he screamed and tried to put the fire out with his hands. "Okay." I rolled my eyes and waved my hand hard to the front and sent him flying with Aard, making kebab out of him since he landed on a sharp wooden spear. The fire was out now.

I walked past him and out of Cintra with a satisfied smile on my face. Finally. One step closer to Geralt. "Bitch." the soldier spat with the voice that was left in him, which made me groan. I sliced his head from his shoulders to shut him up forever. I grabbed my medallion. "I'll find you." I whispered in an angry tone. I will find him whatever it may cost. My sword found its way back to its usual place, on my back. I looked at my shoulder and saw a small wound and overall my clothing was ripped. I had some spare clothing in Ambers bags, she must be around here. I whistled for my horse and stood in place looking around. From behind the sound of flames, screams got another sound, the hooves of my horse clapping on the stones. "Good girl." I said and brushed over her neck. I looked into the bags and saw another blouse I could wear but if I continue like this, I'll get broke someday on clothing. After every job, I'll be needing new clothes. Geralt was smarter when it got to things like that, he had armour. 

I should be getting one, too. My father could do one for me but that would be a job with no profit and it would take me a week at least to get to Posada. The other option is that I could ride to Lyria and tell the royal blacksmith to make some for me. I bet my mom can't wait for my return... So do I... You get the sarcasm. It should take me around two days to get there so I should give it a try. I should have thought of that sooner. But there was no need for one, Geralt always got my back. By the gods! I am 40 years old and haven't ever accomplished anything on my own, that needed to be changed. I'll be getting proper armour and finally can do things on my own. It's not like I've never done that but there was always Geralt with me, who could correct me or help me out of my misery. I do love Geralt, no power could ever change that, yet I needed to get along on my own as well. For situations like this.