26 - So....Pathetic

Euphoria's POV

I look at him and Jayda fighting for the bowl of cereal and the milk in it spilling everywhere.

Kids.

I stand up to go break the play fight but Jayna holds my hand. I look at her quizzically and raise an eyebrow.

"Leave them alone. Going in there, is like joining the war," she says and giggles. I chuckle and sit down.

This would have been better with popcorn.

I watch as Jayda tries to jump on him but he dodges and she falls to the ground. She gets up and growls at him while he chuckles and takes a spoon of the cereal.

She must really want the cereal.

She tries to kick him, instead he takes two big spoons of the cereal and jumps up, mocking her.

God she is so pissed right now.

Suddenly he stopped and I thought the game was over, but then he starts coughing.

He's just joking, he's going to stop very soon and just say sike, right?

The bowl drops to the floor and it made a loud noise as it had contact with the ground.

This is part of the joke, right?

He fell to my knees and kept on coughing. He's eyes turned red and I stood up immediately and knelt beside him.

This is real! He isn't playing!

Jayna screamed and I started patting his back telling him it would be okay.

This isn't okay.

He continued coughing and my eyes started to prick with tears. I started patting his back roughly and made him sit on the ground instead. Jayna    shouted at Jayda to bring water. She brought the water and handed it to Jayna, she tried forcing him to drink the water and he just took a sip.

I was so lost in thoughts that he would be hurt or worse.....die. I didn't realise that they gave him water.

Shit! You don't give water to a person that has a dry throat when choking until they are stable and stop coughing or calm down. It makes their throats sting and makes things worse.

It became worse and he started coughing horribly. Jayda screamed in frustration and fear of losing her brother, while Jayna held his hand and was saying a prayer as silent tears fell from her eyes.

The pack doctor wasn't around, and the pack house was nearly empty, except from people taking a nap and workers standing and watching, ready to attend when called.

I noticed as he started losing consciousness.

Oh goddess, please help.

I started patting his cheeks and sprinkling water on his face to keep him conscious. Some stray tears left my eyes and fell on his face. One after the other, they continued falling.

I never cried, why now?

I didn't care to clean my tear stained face as I kept tapping his cheek. He wasn't responding.

My tears started falling more and I stopped sprinkling the water on his face.

I dragged his head to my chest and held him tight.

I have never felt this helpless before. I feel so...pathetic.

Why didn't I stop them. I should have followed my gut instinct and stopped them, but I didn't. And he's here in my arms, dying a horrible death, choking.

I tried my best and lifted his body, his weight didn't really matter right now. I dragged him upstairs and laid him on my bed because it was closest to the stairs.

He was sweating and from the looks of things, he was having a hard time breathing.

Maybe the cereal is stuck in his throat, I raise his head slightly and open his mouth. Nothing is stuck, as much as I can see.

I run to the infirmary and see that the pack doctor has returned and he's just removed his coat.

"Please help! The Alpha...he's dying...he's hardly breathing, please help!" I say and drag his arm. He quickly grabs a box and follows me.

He's clearly not happy being dragged, but sadly, he can't do anything. I'll beat his ass if I have to, to get him to help his Alpha. If it was necessary.

He enters my room and looks at him like he's analysing what's wrong with him.

"Doctor Dexter, will he be okay?" I ask him and watch him go to his side.

"I am not sure," he carries some weird instrument and places it on his chest and puts the other part in his ears. Like an ear piece. Don't blame me for not knowing, I've never been to a hospital before.

"Remove his clothes. Leave his underwear on," he says while looking for something in his box.

I don't hesitate, I've done it before for Ryan. When Ryan was drunk and I had to clean him up after he had vomited. Don't ask me, he's my best friend and that's what I could do.

I take off his shirt, he wasn't wearing a singlet. I look at his toned abs, damn! This man was crafted by the gods. Euphoria think straight, the man is dying.

I quickly removed his trousers and threw them to the other side of my room.

He told me to leave the room, I protested but he said that Jacob could probably sense my tension and it won't be good for him.

I narrow my eyes at him but he still insisted with me leaving.

I sigh and leave the room feeling dejected. I walk downstairs and meet the girls. Jayna stands up from the ground and walks to me. While Jayda sat there lost in thoughts and quietly sobbing.

I pity them, he was their only sibling. I don't know how it is to lose someone you love because I never let myself love anyone, so that it wouldn't hurt if they left. Now look at me, sobbing for someone, like I would die if I lost them.

Well, except Ryan.

I just realised it, I let myself like someone. And look at him, dying. And look at me, hurting.

Jayna pats my shoulder as a tear slips from her eye. She wipes it away quickly and smiles sadly.

She had always been the mature one, sometimes. Jayda was always playful.

Jayna, rational. Jayda, irrational. Perfect twins.

I wish I had a twin, whether boy or girl, I don't really care. I want one now.

I walk to Jayda and she looks at me, she hugs me tightly to herself and rests her head on my chest. I stroke her hair and I see her shoulders relax slowly.

I rest my head on her hair and hold her tightly.

Please be alright Jacob.

The doctor comes rushing downstairs.

"I don't think he's getting better, the thing he ate must have clogged some nerve in his nose and mouth area. He takes in breathe, but it goes in slowly, too slowly. It's like it's being forced, and it isn't supposed to. If it continues like that he might....he might..."

Jayda shouts and breaks from my hold while Jayna falls to the ground, looking paralysed.

I have to do something. Anything at all, I have to figure something out, quickly.

I know what to do.

●●●●

Hello! Fans of Jacob gather here! We don't want to lose him. But did you like her POV? I'm writing hers again for the next chapter.

What is she going to do? Got an idea? share it here!

Vote, comment, share and follow.

Thanks! Xoxo