3 - Birthdays And Mates

In the evening, everyone gathered downstairs waiting for Jacob to arrive. They all talk in whispers as they hear his car pull up in the driveway.

Immediately he entered the house, everyone shouted happy birthday. I was upstairs and I still heard them. I didn't want to come, but it was an order for all servants to come to serve for the party and then leave.

I had to come to arrange everything for Luna, her jewellery and clothes to change into were all intact on the bed.

I quickly change into the crimson red coloured dress that Luna had chosen for me. She had told me that I'll be her assistant and not just her maid for today and as such I'll have to dress presentable, her words, not mine.

"Hey dearie," I turn around to see Luna Atissa entering the room.

"Luna Atissa," I say and now my head in respect.

"Oh, call me Aunt Atissa," The Luna says in her ever motherly tone, and sits on the bed.

"Luna?" I ask, not sure of what she said.

"You've worked here for some years darling, call me aunt Atissa and not Luna. You've earned it," The Luna says and pats the space beside her.

"Thank you. Aunt Atissa," I say, liking the way the new title rolls off my tongue easily.

"You're welcome, Cammy," Luna says, and I giggle at her.

"You are beautiful tonight Cammy, I just hope you find your mate too," Aunt Atissa says and holds my hand in hers.

"Thank you," I say shyly.

"You aren't happy Camilla, what happened? Is it about my son?"

There is a moment of silence before I speak.

"You know aunt Atissa? All those years I thought it was all self-hate, but as time went on, I realised he hated me, just me," I say more to myself than to her.

"What do you mean?" She asks softly.

"My mum left this pack years ago, ten days, just ten days till I get my final pay to get enough money to look for her. I met my lost brother some months ago and he was alright. You don't know him though, he keeps a really low profile. So I started working here..."

So I tell her everything, how Jacob abuses me and curses at me. How he punishes me when I did something wrong. How he pushed me down the stairs when I mistakenly spilt coffee on his shirt. How my life has been a mess since then. How he's been for the past two years and almost a half.

"Oh, my dear! Why didn't you tell anyone?" Aunt Atissa says with tears gleaming in her eyes.

"I tried several times! But no one ever listens. And even if they do, they can't do anything, he's going to be the Alpha and nothing is going to change.
No one would want to be on his bad side, especially because of me," I say in between sobs.

"Don't cry my dear, I'll make sure it stops, I'll make sure he doesn't hurt you anymore," Aunt Atissa assures me and hugs me tightly.

I appreciate her, no one has ever shown me this kind of affection for a long time and I'm really happy.

"Thank you for listening aunt Atissa, you've made my birthday a beautiful one," I say and hug her again.

"Today is your birthday?" She asks with wide eyes when the realisation hits her.

I nod and smile at her warmly.

"Forgive me for not knowing, I promise, tomorrow I'm going to be the mother you never had, okay? We'll do all the fun things together okay darling?" She asks with hopeful eyes.

"Yes aunt Atissa, thank you," I say and stand up.

"I have to go, aunt. I love you!" I say as I walk out of the room. I walk out waving her and when I turn around, I smashed on a surface. But this surface smells nice, really nice. Like nature and peaches and blueberries and pinewood. I don't know, it just smells fruity.

The realisation hits me and I realise I am on a body, inside a dark room, on the floor, with the lights completely off.

"Mine," a growl escapes the person's lip and I bring my face closer to see their face because I can't stand up.

Great! Birthdays and mates!

I can't see him clearly, I got closer and before I knew it, his lips and mine connect.

Goddess! These sparks!

I felt as electricity shot up through my whole body. It was confusing, yet amazing.

I pulled away and tried standing up, but I can't. The person trapped me between his hand and his body.

I'm not complaining though.

The lights come on and then I realise, my mate is my torturer, my hater, the one who abuses and curses at me at every slightest opportunity. Alpha Jacob.

"Alpha?" I ask not sure of what I'm seeing.

"Alpha!" I yell and stand up immediately.

"You slut! What did you want? A one night stand with the Alpha? Your boss? You're really pathetic you know. I saw the signs, you pathetic thing. Who can blame you though, anyone would die to have my boyfriend to themself," a girl, whom I recognize to be Chloe, Jacob's one-call-away slut, says. The fact that she sleeps with him seemed to strike me deeply in my heart. I hiss quietly, trying to fade the pain away. I cover up my act and look at her sinfully made-up face.

"You're a slut, nothing less. Get away from here you unshiftable werewolf. I guess that's one of the reasons you're mum left you, you're too miserable, she probably couldn't even stand it," Chloe spits out bitterly at me.

I couldn't even think properly, I look at my mate's face, for some hope, some reassurance, but what did I expect? He was expressionless as usual. I run out of the room as fast as I can. I'm an emotional mess right now and I don't have anyone to turn to.

I smash into someone's body and fall to the ground.

What's with me and smashing into people today?

●●●●

Well...how did you like this chapter?

I'll try to update every Sunday, and probably Thursdays(probably).

Yah or Nah?

Please vote, comment and follow, it means a lot to me.

Thanks xoxo