27 - I Might....Not Live

I run to my room and see him taking in breathes slowly and releasing it slowly.

".....He takes in breathe, but it goes in slowly, too slowly. It's like it's being forced, and it isn't supposed to. If it continues like that he might....he might..."

The doctor's words continues to ring in my head as I make my way to the seat beside him. I sest on the bed instead and stare at him.

Have I ever been this scared before? Even of my own death? No, no I haven't.

"You said you are my friend. You wanted me to be a member of your pack. You said I have you, why do you want to leave me now, because of....cereal?" I say and laugh bitterly.

I look at him, his condition is deteriorating fast. I have to do it, I have to do it now.

I stand up from the bed and lock the door. No one needs to see this, or find out.

I climb the bed and kneel on it, my knees on either sides of him. I lean closer to his unconscious body, and inhale his scent.

He does have a nice peachy scent. It's almost intoxicating.

I look at his face and take in his features, sharp jaw line, blond light brown hair. He has white hairs, weird but beautiful. He's pretty pink lips, definitely the centre of attraction.

I lean forward, really close to his lips, wait, what am I doing? I can't kiss him while he's unconscious, that's just wrong.

I notice his faint heartbeats and his slow intake of breath.

I'm running out of time, and this wouldn't work if he's dead...maybe.

This is the only thing I can do for him. For this reason, I lost my wolf and never got her back. For this power, this power that could kill me. But to get something, you'll have to sacrifice, right? Just like Ryan said, it was a give and take process. I lost my wolf, and I'll never get her back. Ever.

If this goes right, I'll be weak but I'll live and he'll live. But if it doesn't, his condition will worsen and I might...not live.

I lean in, very close to his face and close my eyes. Time to do this.

I channel all my life energy to it, hoping it works.

I close my eyes tightly as I hear him gasp, he must have opened his eyes. I try harder until I start feeling weak, too weak. I hear someone stutter something but I don't stop, I continue.

I feel a stinging pain on my chest and it starts spreading to other parts of my body, I start losing strength and can't do this any longer.

I hope it works for him. I hope he lives. I start losing consciousness and I slip from my position and fall on his body.

Someone taps my cheek and I try opening my eyes and raising my head, I see his beautiful grey eyes and I smile.

"It worked. You're alive," I say before I slip into unconscious.

               ●●●●Jacob's POV●●●●

I open my eyes and see her unconscious on top of me.

What the help just happened?!

I saw her body shine and it looked like she was.....glitching.

Is she a robot? That can't be, right? But it might be true. She told me once that she doesn't have a wolf. But she as the heightened eyesight and hearing, so she's not a robot. That has been established.

But one thing I know is that she saved me. I immediately try remembering everything that happened.

I was eating cereal. Jayda wanted some, I jumped and started choking, everyone was either screaming or crying. I found myself here with Rhea on me.

The lights, were they from her?

I have heightened hearing, but I don't hear her heartbeats, they are really faint.

Did she use some magic to heal me and now she's dying? Is she dying for me to live?

I gently remove her from my body, and walk towards the door. I unlocked it and run downstairs.

As I reach the stairs, I see Jayda hugging a pillow tightly and lost in thoughts while tears rolled down her cheeks, while Jayna tried comforting her.

Jayna saw me first and ran to me. She literally jumped on me and hugged  my neck.

"Jayna you'll kill me," I manage to speak.

"Sorry," she mutters and gets off me.

I walk towards Jayda who was still lost in thoughts. I kneels beside her quietly.

"Hey little sis," I say and ruffle her hair.

"I'm dead, right? Because I know you're not alive," she says and smiles at me.

She thinks I'm dead, she thinks she's seeing things? Was it that serious for her?

"I'm sorry for being the dramatic one sis, but I'm not dead, and you're not dead," I say and hug her tightly.

I here her gasp and hug me tightly.

"You're not dead?" She asks, still unsure.

"I can't die that easily sis," I say and let go of her.

"Oh please. See the way you were choking, you were so dramatic. I wasn't really crying you know, I just didn't want to be seen like the only one that wasn't crying," she says and stand up and cleans her dress.

"Sure sis," I say and chuckle.

I see the pack doctor and remember why I came downstairs.

"She's not feeling well, please help," I say calmly. Even thought my words held great fear.

He nods and follows me up stairs.

He doesn't let me go in with him. He never let's anyone go with him, into his patient's rooms, he's really weird or just secretive. He says that they sense your tension even while they are unconscious and they can get worse.

I don't fight him and I just wait. After twenty minutes of me and the twins waiting on the floor, he finally comes out. I stand up first and walk to him.

"How is she?" I just realise that I've lost my cool, something that hardly happens.

"She's really weak. She has faint heartbeats. But, thankfully, she'll be fine with some bed rest.

"If I may ask, why was she so weak? I haven't seen anyone this weak in my twenty years of work," he points out.

I won't sell her out, as far as she didn't want anyone to know, because she locked the door, then I won't spill her secret. Besides it's her secret to tell not mine.

●●●●

Hello! She does have some secret ability, that she exchanged her wolf for, according to Ryan, If you still remember him.

What do you think about this? Is something weird about it, or it's alright? Need your opinions!

Thanks! Xoxo