5 - Death Is Inevitable

I wake up to see my brother still asleep, thank goddess that he's alive. I stand up from the bed and lean into him to check his side, it's healing nicely. He has his wolf so that makes the healing process faster.

I look at the clock and it's 2:25 am. I quietly open the door, not wanting to wake him up. I sneak out of the room so that I don't get caught here unless I'll have to tell everyone that he's my brother and I'm not ready for that, plus it has its consequences if I do that.

"Camilla," someone growls from behind me.

"Goddess please let it not be him. Please please please," I whisper as I turn around slowly.

"Oh shit," I mutter to myself as I stand in front of my so so wonderful mate.

Uurrrggghhh!

"What were you doing in that room? Were you alone?" He asks me as he steps forward and I unconsciously step back.

I know if he comes closer he'll smell Derrick on me. I need to change my clothes.

"Why are you stepping back?" He asks and steps closer to me.

"I'm not stepping back," I say and take a step back again.

Please help me, goddess.

He rushes towards me and buries his head in my neck.

"You need to stop doing that?" I mumble, pushing him away.

"Where is he?" he growls, his eyes are flashing between its normal grey colour and black. His wolf is fighting to come out.

"Where is who?" I ask, feigning ignorance. My voice is trembling and I don't look into his eyes. I know he can hear my heartbeat right now.

"Move," he says, trying to enter the room where Derrick is.

I know I can't stop him, I can't fight him. Maybe I'll beg him, he may listen to me.

"Alpha Jacob, please" I beg, still standing in front of the door.

He pushes me aside and stomps into the room. I enter behind to see Derrick sitting on the bed without his shirt on and only his underwear.

Oh, goddess, he's going to think something happened.

"Alpha please listen to me. It's not what you think. He was hurt and I just wanted to help him, I didn't do anything. I fell asleep here, but that's all" I try to explain as I see him charge towards Derrick and punch him in his guts.

"No!" I shout and run to him. I pull on his arm to stop him, but he continues.

He drags Derrick by the shirt and pulls him outside towards the forest.

"Please stop!" I follow him and keep on yelling.

He drops Derrick on the floor and Derrick can't fight back because he's still hurt. Even if he does fight back, this is Jacob, he'll get even angrier and kill Derrick.

"Please, please. Please!" I yell and he still doesn't stop.

Jacob kicks Derrick in his guts again and pushes him into a tree. Derrick just slumps to the ground and just stays there and doesn't move. He is bleeding, his rib cage section, his nose, it's bleeding. His face is bruised and he isn't responding.

I rush towards him and check his pulse, he's not breathing. Oh no! He can't go, I just met him, I don't know so much about him yet.

I check his heartbeat, it's not...it's not there.

Please don't do this goddess, help me!!

"What have you done?!" I stand up and yell at Jacob's face.

"He's not dead, get a hold of yourself," he shrugs not looking at me.

"Now you look at me Alpha. You have been nothing but a pain in the ass to everyone around you. Your dad is disappointed that he has a son like you, your Beta is disappointed in you. You can't just behave normally, you have a horrible temper. You love to fight with everyone, why can't you just be nice, why can't you just be like a normal mate? Why can't I just reject you? Why do I have to be your mate? I don't want you! I hate you!" I yell and bang his chest and he still doesn't budge.

He lets out a dark chuckle and holds
my shoulders.

"You're an omega, you can't reject me. You'll die if you do," he says.

"Then I'll take the chance," I mutter more to myself than him.

I move back, like five-foot steps away from him.

"I, Camilla Anasie Andie Higgins, reject you, Jacob Luca Edwards, as your mate," I say, meaning every single word.

Immediately my head starts feeling light, really light.

"It's better to die like this than be your mate for the rest of my life, besides, it's just as they say; death is inevitable," I manage to whisper and I let out a chuckle, but he must have heard it because he growled.

I touch my nose and I feel something wet. I put it on my tongue and I recognise it immediately. Blood. My blood.

It's over, I may not have seen you mum, but I'm sure going to see dad soon.

Just some more time, the pain will go. Soon, really soon.

Black spots appear in my vision and I accept the darkness as it overwhelms me.

It's good I went like this. I'm going to be with my dad and brother, we'll be a happy family.

●●●●

Hello! Please don't hate me. It's just that Jacob is a jerk and Camilla is a saint. Don't blame me.

What do you think? Was it obvious that she would die? Or did she really die? She did? You'll find out really soon.