Chapter Forty

The gentle hum of overhead fluorescent lights buzzed in the vast training room, the smell of sweat and lemon cleaner faintly wafted off from the padded floor where Vallea was stretching as Todoroki just stood a few feet away staring at the wall. Endeavor was glaring at the girl that had insisted on stretching before the sparring match but everyone knew she was just trying to stall the match as long as she could by doing an arrangement of lengthy and time consuming stretches.

Both teenagers had changed into their costumes not wanting to ruin or soil their uniforms during the fight. Her flowy sheen white winged dress rose well past her upper thighs with each twisting movement, giving both males an intended peek of her black spandex shorts, thankfully both of them were mature enough to not comment on it and at least Todoroki was kind enough to boredly look away whenever the fabric rose even an inch. The costume definitely wasn't made for any type of fighting or the bending of the body, the thick gold choker around her neck ruthlessly cut into her skin as she bent her upper body. The harnesses were a hindrance to freely moving her legs without the leather obstructing her movements so they were quickly torn off and thrown in a pile by the far wall along with the bell anklets, bracelets and silver flats. Her white locks had been quickly and tightly wrapped into a bun that rested flushed against her skull, fearing that her hair may be burnt or seared off. Her bracelet Yamada had made her was also shedded, finding it much too precious to wear during the spar.

Petal earrings gently caressed her neck whilst she moved fluidly going from downwards dog into the pigeon position breathing deeply, feeling her heart flutter and beat against her ribcage almost soothingly

As she contorted her limbs and body she thought hard of how the sparring match would go against the boy who had nearly won the sports festival. She already knew she had no chance of winning but that wasn't why Endeavor wanted to see her spar, he was already well aware she had no chance of winning, no he wanted to see how quickly she could heal and recover from hits.

Peach eyes gazed up at him, taking in his relaxed stance and overall blank demeanor, right foot sliding in front of her as the other went backwards until she was in the splits, arching her spine and upper body as she stretched out back, teeth nibbled at her pink lips anxiously. She had survived getting her neck snapped, nearly getting dusted by that creepy man who ordered her death in the first place and Dabi's fire when his quirk activated in self defense when she went slightly feral. She had survived many things throughout her life because of her quirk but this wasn't just about survival. She couldn't under any circumstance let her quirk switch to offensive mode, maiming or even revealing the darker side of her quirk was not something she desired to do.

She could only imagine the phone call to UA if she grew fangs and talons in front of the number two hero, she wasn't dumb she knew her quirk was powerful than most and powerful quirks that weren't fully controlled made people scared and when people were scared bad things happened. Hell Nezu would probably make her join the hero course if he learned what she could do, thinking that she could be even more valuable as a hero but the idea of even being a hero repulsed the girl. She wanted to be a healer and that was it.

Pink lips twitched in annoyance at the thought of the second half of Todoroki's quirk that had been nagging at her mind, she could handle fire but ice was something she never had dealt with. Not to mention he had a lot more control over his ice side than fireside making it even more dangerous. If he decided to trap her in ice than she was done for, there was no way to escape that but fire, she could escape that. She never did like the cold anyways so her gaze danced away from Todoroki to his enormous and intimidating father, a very dumb plan forming within her mind as she watched vivid flames flutter across his face.

"Todoroki if I remember correctly at the sports festival you preferred to use your ice quirk right?" Her innocent question brought the boy back to the present as he nodded, gray and cyan eyes drilling into her twisted up figure, trying to figure out what she was hinting at.