Chapter Forty-Five

A/N: AHHH I'm back at home finally after four long months, I apologize for how short this chapter is but I really wanted to get this out there. Thank you everyone for your support and love, it has meant everything for me, I hope you all are ready for the story to get started up again!!

"-ut she said there was a man, a man with purple hair, you don't have anyone who works for you with purple hair."

"No one gets into my agency without me knowing, she was having a fever dream, nothing else Shoto."

"You don't know that, she-"

"Drop it. We need to focus on getting her well, not chasing a fever hallucination."

Vallea's eyelids fluttered, a whimper of a moan escaped her chapped lips, body aching terribly as she was pulled out of her restless sleep by the hushed voices that argued above her. With an annoyed whine, hands blindly swatted the wet wash cloth that had been on her forehead off, ivory eyebrows furrowing, stiff and sore legs kicked away the heavy blankets and sheets feeling much too hot. Both males ceased their argument, turquoise eyes carefully watching the sickly girl whose face was much too red.

Shoto huffed lightly, worry eating away at him the longer he observed the healer in training, something had happened the few hours Vallea had been alone in the medical room. While his father believed the man she had claimed to see was nothing more than a hallucination, he was more keen to believe the girl, finding the whole situation a little too strange. Maybe his father did believe the girl but wasn't willing to admit it, because if he did so that meant his own hero agency had been broken into without him even being aware of such.

The boy stepped forward, scooping up the cold washcloth that she had so helpfully discarded in her fit of annoyance and placed it back on.

"Todoroki." She whined, cloudy eyes staring past the boy as her hand weakly latched onto his wrist that was holding up the washcloth, fingers loosely clinging to his cool flesh. "It hurts." Grey oily tears spilled down her redden cheeks, cracked lips quivering as she hiccuped, her whole body throbbed and burned as if she was being torched from the inside out. Vallea has felt a lot of pain in her life but she had been blessed enough that the pain was always temporary, only lasting a few seconds or minutes before her quirk healed her. But this, it never went away, it just lingered and with her fever fueled thoughts she wondered if her quirk had failed her and that she was actually dying this time. And a very terrible part of her welcomed it, knowing that with death came peace, something she hadn't felt in a very long time and just maybe then she wouldn't be such a burden.

Shoto's eyes creased with distress, watching as the tears painted her face with it's sludge like substance. Whatever was making her ill, her quirk was still trying to fight it off but it seemed like it was more killing her than killing whatever was affecting her. More and more unease bubbled up in his chest, how could she heal from getting her neck snapped within minutes when this is taking her over a day with no sign of improvement? He just didn't understand, it wasn't logical how she could withstand his father's flames but not this illness. It didn't make any sense, and that's all he knew how to rely on. "What hurts?" He prompted trying to keep her awake for just a little bit so he could get a better sense of what was going on. Her already faint grip on him loosened making his stomach drop.

"...everything." Her hand fell with a thud, losing the little strength that kept it up. Glassy beads of sweat caked her form, making her long locks plaster and stick to herself and the pillows that had been discolored by her copious amounts of sweat. Vallea's already ashen complexion grayed as her stomach knotted and lurched, her eyes widened as her cheeks bulged with coppery stomach bile. Shoto who had thankfully been watching her closely grabbed the small trash can that sat next to her bed in case something like this happened. She snatched it from his hands with a whimper and the next second her head hung over it as everything that was in her stomach escaped through her nose and mouth, which was mostly stomach acid and coagulated blood that came up in rusty scarlet chunks.