Chapter Fifteen

Vallea pulled herself from the floor, hands clumsily wiping the tears away from her splotchy cheeks. Blood pounded through her ears, jaw tightening, peach eyes hardening as she swiped up her phone from her personal bag she was given five days ago. The girl threw her bunny hoodie on and made sure to pull up the hood covering her face and hair from view. She slipped out of her room, quietly closing the door behind her, she walked at a brisk pace away from the nurses station, bare feet padding against the cold tiled floor. She took a sharp left, hands fisting as she swerved out of the way of a doctor who was busily reading someone's chart, sharply exhaling when she was out of sight. She stuck to the walls, always making herself as small as possible without looking out of place. Confidence was key she kept telling herself. The teen opened the door to the stairwell and quickly closed it when her body was fully in. Instead of going down the stairs to the main entrance

Vallea bounded up the steps, huffing lightly as a small sheen of nervous tinged sweat coated her skin. Floppy bunny ears bouncing with every step she took, cursing as she stumbled, foot getting caught in the cuff of the much too large pajama like pants the hospital gave out for patients to wear. She shook her foot out wildly not wasting any time stopping, the nurses would likely check in on her in the next five minutes, she was working against the clock right now. She picked up the speed, skipping every second cement step, arms pumping as breathed in and out through her nose.

Finally after six sets of stairs Vallea made it to the rooftop that was supposed to be off limits. The girl was huffing and puffing as she opened the door letting the midmorning rays caress her form. The sun was high in the bright blue sky, fluffy white clouds drifting through the sea of cyan. Her hood flew back in the wind, snow white locks drifting in the breeze as she walked to the edge of the building and looked down. No fear flickered in her heart as she climbed on top of the two foot ledge, gravity called out to her as she stuck one leg out. Wobbling slightly as her balance tried to find center, thick eyelashes blinking owlishly at the hard cement ground at least thirty meters below her. Curiosity nipped at her, would she die if she fell or only temporarily die before coming back? What were the limits of her so-called new quirk? Could she still come back if she no longer had a physical body? If so, how did that work?

With a sigh she pulled out her phone and turned it on since the attack. She was surprised by the amount of notifications she had.

(12) Missed calls from The Burn Unit

(2) New Voicemails from The Burn Unit

(33) New Messages from The Burn Unit

(11) New Messages from Best Girl

(2) New Messages from 778-990-xxxx

(6) New Messages from 763-324-xxxx

(1) New Message from 754-883-xxxx

With a wince she tapped on Dabi's contact calling him knowing she was in a world of trouble. He picked up on the second ring.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't beat your ass until it's glowing red, doll." He growled over the phone even before Vallea could say anything.

Her eyes closed, still teetering on the ledge. "I'm in the hospital."

"...was it from the attack, don't tell me you were with that class."

"How do you know about that?" She asked, teeth gnawing at her bottom lip, shredding the delicate tissue and flesh.

"It was all over the news, now answer my question." He demanded gruffly as she huffed through her nose hating how grumpy that older male could get but it's like she was expecting a warm welcome back. She didn't deserve it, she felt truly bad for leaving Dabi hanging like that not knowing what happened to her or if she was okay.