Chapter Forty Eight

"-allea? ... Vallea!" The healer to be jolted, the pink pen that was once in her hand now flying through the air as she tossed it in surprise. It clattered loudly against the white tiling floor that covered the infirmary room, the fragile plastic cracking, she grimaced swooping down to grab her now broken pen. She really needed to stop buying things that were overly cheap, clearly cheap doesn't mean good quality.

"Huh yea? What's up?" She cleared her throat, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly as a blush tinged her round cheeks. Peach eyes focused on her mentor who stood shaking their head at her lack of attention and awareness.

"You're late to lunch, Leto. You better head out now if you want to have time to eat." Chiyo informed her, a pleasant smile covering her features, ambling over to the computer and hopping up onto the seat.

"That's alright I'll just stay in here, I really need to study for-"

"I wasn't asking, go to lunch before I call up Aizawa." The older women chided pleasantly as the girl paled and quickly packed up her stuff, knowing that Aizawa would have her head if he learned she was missing lunch.

"No need for that, I hope you have a good lunch, Chiyo-Sensei." She breathed out before racing out of the room, pastel sneakers striking the floor lightly as she jogged down the hallways.

Dark clouds engulfed the sky blocking any sunlight from coming through, thunder rumbled ominously as streaks of brilliant lightning flashed. Their luminescent veins twining webs of shocking radiance, something brewed deep inside of the peach eyes that shimmered with the glow of ethereal electricity. Ever since coming back from the hospital something hadn't been right, the world she had held so closely to her heart had become dark, a place she no longer recognized. Everything had Vallea doubt...well everything, not even Aizawa or Hizashi had been spared from her cynical and turbulent thoughts. A dark seed had been planted inside of her heart, it's existence making the entirety of her own existence flip on it's side. Things she never questioned became challenged and probed, thoughts of uncertainty and misgivings flood her head.

"Why didn't anyone save me?" "Is there something wrong with me?" "Why does nothing feel right, have I done something wrong?" "Why doesn't anyone believe me?" "Do they even care about me?" "Why am I treated differently than everyone else?" "Why do I get punished for doing something heroic while everyone else gets praised?" "Is this how it's always going to be?" "Do I only cause others problems?" "Why can't I just be good!?" "What is the true label of someone who is a villain vs a hero?" "Does it all really come down to who has a license and who doesn't?"

Shoto watched as the healer to be walked down the hallway, ivory hair hanging limpy at her shoulders. Coral lips set in a straight line, expression emotionless as her eyes gazed at the windows, lightning setting her body in an eerie cast of shadow and light. "Oh, there you are, I was looking for you." He announced strolling closer to her as her head tilted to the side, peach eyes connecting with his. He froze, eyebrows furrowing at the icy glare she had plastered across her face but as quickly as it appeared it disappeared.

"Oh? Whatcha ya need?" She airly asked, pulling a strand of her hair out of her face, giving the boy a small curl of the lips.

He gazed at her a moment longer, feeling a sense of unease crawl up his back at her strange attitude before he brushed it off thinking she was still recovering. "You've been avoiding me." He stated.

Her eyes slitted at his statement, cheeks raising as she gave him a large toothy smile that was so forced that it looked like she was baring her teeth at the boy. "I have no idea what you mean Todoroki, I have been doing no such thing." She forced out sickly sweet.

He frowned, "Since when did we go back to last names?"

"Since when did we get to a first name basis?" She shot back, a smile still firmly pressed across her face.