Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N: I wasn't so sure about this chapter while I was writing it but now I really love it. Sorry this took so long to write, I hope you all enjoy it, her quirk is going to be touched on again in this chapter so hopeful it makes sense in the end. I hope you all are doing well and staying healthy! Thank you everyone who has been commenting, you've been making my days. Lots of love kiddos! :3

Vallea stumbled backwards, mouth ajar as she gasped, peach eyes twinkling with grey tears. Hands winding around the stomach that had just been mercilessly punched, her sock clad feet staggered as her upper body hunched in on itself. White locks swinging back and forth by the momentum, spittle escaping her pink lips as she coughed hoarsely. Her knees threatened to buckle as she dry heaved, tears now freely falling down her flushed cheeks.

"Come on, doll, you're fine. Walk it off." Dabi calmly coached, cyan eyes scanning her figure, hands loosely hanging at his sides. His body bare of his trademark jacket, instead he wore a loose fitting white t-shirt and black mesh shorts.

Shakily the teen raised her hand, showing off her middle finger as she continued to cough and heave. He snorted glad to know she was well enough to give him attitude, well if that was the case, he was going to continue with the lesson she asked for. Bare feet shifting into their natural fighting stance, knees bending and hips pivoting as his right leg raised up and back down against the girl's hunched figure, bringing her harshly down to the ground along with his leg.

Bam!

In the blink of an eye Vallea was sprawled across the hardwood floor, a foot firmly pinning her down as she panted, wincing at the pain that coursed through her body. She was really regretting asking Dabi to teach her self defense.

"Your attacker isn't gonna wait until you recover from a hit, they're gonna use your weakness against you. You need to learn how to take a hit and either escape from their reach or retaliate." Dabi announced lifting his foot off of her upper body that was covered only by a sports bra, choosing to remove the bunny hoodie in his stifling apartment. The male of course didn't care, not even blinking at the bare skin because he may be a villain but he was no creep who ogled at underaged girls.

The girl slowly picked herself up, eyes narrowing and widening when she noticed the burnt hand that was rapidly approaching her. She jumped backwards, crouching out of his reach, lungs puffing out uneven breaths of air. Beads of sweat trickled down her back and forehead, coating the skin in a thin layer of salty perspiration that shined underneath the apartment's yellow hued lighting.

"I remember asking you to teach me self defense, not beating me up." She huffed peach eyes tracking each movement and breath the male made, careful not to make the same mistake that resulted in her getting punched.

"I'm no cheesy dojo that will teach useless moves that you won't even remember when you actually do get attacked. You should have known better, doll, I don't do things half assed. If you want to know how to protect yourself then I'm going to show you. But in my own no bullshit way." He stated, shifting, muscles coiling as he prepared his next movement as he continued to talk. "If you can't take a hit then you'll be a goner." His body shot forward, foot hooking around her ankle and hand grabbing her hair, tugging her back as his foot knocked her off balance.

Thunk!

This time Vallea was laying on the ground on her back, Dabi's hand woven through her hair, pulling her head back as she thrashed in his grip. Face nearing her as his cyan eyes became lit with an unknown fire. "In a fight there are no rules, don't let those heroes fool you. Survival is all that matters so fight with everything you got, don't be afraid to play dirty."