Chapter Eighteen

"Does this look good, or should I move the flowers to the right a little bit?" Vallea asked, looking towards the two girls who both seemed to ponder the question, eyes shifting back and forth across the room trying to figure out where things should be placed.

"I think the flowers look good where they are at, maybe try shifting the bed to the right far corner?" Momo put out as Uraraka nodded along with agreement, Vallea thought for a second before also nodding.

"I think you're right, it would look more spacious if I moved the bed, wouldn't it. Thank you both for your ideas and input, I'm sure this isn't what you planned to do when you decided to visit me." She thanked them, brushing her hands off on her hospital attire, giving the two girls a lopsided grin.

"I'm just glad I could be of help." Momo smiled pleasantly, making the whitette blush and wave her off.

"Thank you for the sweets." Uraraka chimed, still happily chewing on some mochi, cheeks puffing out adorably like a chipmunk.

"Feel free to eat some more, heaven knows I have too much to eat on my own, that goes for you too Izuku, Todoroki, and Momo."

"R-Right!" Izuku stuttered, shoving a cookie into his mouth as Vallea chuckled at the nervous boy, patting him on his head as she walked past, not noticing his brilliant flush. The hospital bed grated against the tile floor as she pushed into the far right corner, she was rearranging the room because of...well she didn't actually know why but she was feeling antsy so she decided this was the best option to relieve her of that feeling.

The four of them had just come at an unfortunate time, she of course stopped until Momo and Uraraka had so thoughtfully asked if she needed any help, sympathizing with the girl who had been stuck in the room for over a week. And the rest was history, the boys were pushed and moved out of their ways as they completely rearranged the room. She was sure the nurses and doctors would have a heart attack in the next hour when they were scheduled to check in her but honestly, Vallea couldn't find it in her to care all that much, or like at all, so she continued on her merry little way. Izuku of course happily went on with whatever was happening, sure to quickly move out of their way, just observing or making small talk when he could gain their attention.

Todoroki on the other hand was a different story, the poor boy looked so confused the whole time or bored out of his mind. She wasn't quite sure why he came to visit her anyways, it was a nice thought, don't get her wrong but he looked very much out of his element. He just stood in the corner nearest to the door, mismatched eyes looking on at the scene with bewilderment.

"Okay, well I think it looks good enough." Vallea announced, hands resting on her hips as she looked at the room proudly. "Thank you for the help." She started placing her plushies and blankets back on her bed as Uraraka curiously peeked at the pastel animals, heading tilt to the side slightly.

"Those are super cute! Where did you get them?" The brunette queried, poking at their fluffy bodies, Vallea smiled picking up the seal and handing it to the girl so she could cuddle with it. She flopped down on the bed with the plushie looking up expectantly towards the whitette.

"I actually got them from Denki the other day." Vallea sat down on the bed next to the girl picking up the T-rex with her own smile, she waved over Momo who daintily sat on the edge.

"Really? I know Bakugou came to visit you but I didn't know Kaminari also came."

"Well he also came with Sero, Mina and Kirishima." Peach eyes scrunching up in happiness as she remembered the fun evening she spent with the five of them. Hands playing with the T-rex as her heart flooded with warmth for her new friends. She had friends when she was younger but she was never that close to them, she was just always the third wheel. There but not really part of the group. It didn't help that most kids were scared off by her nearly constant crying and glowing tears. So Vallea was very thrilled to have friends that weren't weirded out by her sensitive self, and weren't afraid to include her. It made her feel seen, that she was worthy of just more than life, that she was worthy of joy and blissful moments.