Chapter Twenty-Three

Vallea laid across a tattered couch, legs dangling up in the air as she swung them back and forth in boredom. Sock clad toes pointing and stretching to touch the shimmering rays of sunlight until they painted and danced across her feet. The skirt to her uniform pooled around her hips, showing off the shorts she wore underneath. The door only a few feet away opened with a clunk and groan, she tilted her head watching as Dabi walked into his apartment, hands filled with takeout.

"You know that's not very ladylike." Dabi commented as he placed the warm containers filled with food down on his counter, cyan eyes barely glancing at the girl who had come over after school, barging in like she owned the place. Of course he really didn't care or even mind, actually enjoying her company as per usual even if she did make him get her food all because he only had beers and cigarettes.

"Your butt isn't very ladylike." She snarked back, jumping up to go and grab her food.

"Good insult, you really hurt my feelings." He rolled his eyes tugging at her ponytail teasingly as she walked past him.

"Hey!" She swatted at his hand with a pout, hip bumping him out of the way as she scooped up her takeout box.

"How was your first day back, doll?" The male asked, falling onto the couch with a grunt, chopsticks at the ready so he could eat his meal he may or may not have paid for with stolen money. Vallea sat down next to him, legs curling up beneath her as she opened the styrofoam box with visible excitement.

"It was okay, pretty boring truthfully, I just did a lot of homework and studying." The smell of freshly made Oyakodon made her drool with hunger, hands quickly grabbing her chopsticks. "Thank you for the food!" She thanked the male who grunted watching the girl dug into her food like a wild beast with mild disgust.

"Yea whatever, just don't choke, doll." He dug into his own hot soba. "I would rather give mouth to mouth to an octopus than even thinking about giving it to you." He muttered, just shuddering at the thought, Vallea turned cheeks bulging with rice and chicken. Peach eyes narrowing in anger at his rude statement, with one smooth movement her chopsticks dove down and stole about half of his noodles and swiftly stuffed them into her mouth. Dabi stared down at his food in shock before he slowly turned up to glance at the girl who was staring at him with sly satisfaction, cheeks protruding with his food like a chipmunk.

"Give it back." He barked, cyan eyes burning with irritation. She shrugged, opening her mouth like a snake, letting the noodles fall from her cheek pouches and back into his takeout box, strings of silva and spit following it. She wiped her mouth as Dabi froze in utter disgust, face scrunching as he looked at his food that was now tainted with gobs of her spit. His expression flashed dangerously as she gulped, standing up away from the male who looked like he was debating murder.

"You told me to give it back." She pointed out, his eyes just hardened at her. Hands curling up as he stared down the girl who was now worried for her life like anyone sane. "Right um look at the time, I gotta go, you know Eraser is expecting me home. You can have my food." She squeaked, picking up her backpack, giving the older male a chaste peck on his forehead before darting out. Dabi sighed, shaking his head at her actions and picked up her food, digging into the meal that wasn't coated in silva. "See you tomorrow!" She shouted as she closed the door behind her.

The teen strolled down the streets of Tokyo, leisurely making her way back to Aizawa's apartment as she texted Hawks whom she was planning to spend the night with. Aizawa wasn't very fond of the idea of having her near the winged hero at first but he quickly learned he needed breaks and the winged hero was always happy to help. So whenever Hawks had a day off she was sure to spend it with him.