Chapter Eleven

Vallea skipped down the hallways, watermelon sucker placed securely in the pouch of her cheek. She dodged her fellow students with spins and pivots, head bobbing to the upbeat music playing through her bunny headphones. Some gawked at the girl while others simply ignored her and went on with their days. Skirt twirling around her thighs, sneakers scuffing against the ground as she danced, stuck in her own little world. Peach eyes sparkling with zeal, white braided pigtails swinging with her movements, bubblegum pink lips spread wide into a gleeful smile. Even her hands and arms were bopping to the beat, nose crinkling up as she mouthed the lyrics.

Vallea had a really good morning minus the rough beginning, everything seemed to go her way. Her lessons were a breeze, the content making perfect sense for the first time. She even managed to get done with them early so Chiyo spent the rest of the morning teaching the girl how to take care of violent or confused patients. The information was important, and Vallea soaked it up like she was a sponge, making sure to carefully listen to everything Chiyo said or demonstrated.

It was now lunchtime and she was making her way towards the lunchroom, planning to spend the time with Izuku and his small group of friends. Well she was planning that until a pink arm wrapped around her upper arm pulling her into someone's side, jolting her out of her thoughts. She pulled her headphones off and around her neck, eyes glancing to the side to find a beaming girl who she vaguely remembered was from 1-A.

"Heya Cutie!" The girl chirped, her coral pink hair swaying as she tilted her head. Black and golden eyes peering up at Vallea, cute little horns sticking up from her wild hair. "I'm Mina Ashido, you're Vallea Leto, right? I heard you chewing out All Might yesterday, that was so cool, totally badass if you ask me."

The whitette blushed, smiling back at the cheerful girl, "Thank you, I normally don't do that but All Might um kinda crossed a line but anyways you can just call me Vallea if you want."

"Awesome! You can just call me Mina then." Mina cheered, pulling the girl along with her. "You should totally sit by me at lunch, I can tell we're already gonna be great friends. I mean when I saw you boss around and take control after Bakugou's and Midoriya's fight I nearly swooned. The hero industry needs more strong females who aren't afraid of talking back when they see something wrong, ya know?"

Vallea nodded in agreement, she knew what the pink girl was talking about. Too many heroes were often too afraid of speaking up against matters that may or not make their approval rating drop. "I totally agree but I'm not a hero, I'm just a healer in training." She voiced quietly, trying to ignore how close the other girl was to her.

Mina glanced back and cheeks puffing up, making her look even cuter than she was before. "But you save people don't ya?"

"Well I heal people." Vallea flattered, not wanting to say that she saved people, because saving people was a hero's job.

"Same thing, you healing people is totally saving someone, it doesn't have to be away from this terrible villain but instead you're saving them from pain, infections or possibly death. That sounds like a hero to me." Mina winked as the other girl stuttered, face on fire. "Now c'mon cutie I wanna eat."

"Look who I brought!" Mina exclaimed, presenting the girl who stood awkwardly not knowing what to do or say. Hands gripping tightly onto her lunch tray, wishing Mina had let her sit down first before announcing her presence to the whole cafeteria.

"No way! It's the school's darling nurse." A blonde boy cheered, fist bumping the air, nearly dropping his chopsticks. He scrambled to catch them, goofy grin never leaving his face. Yellow eyes glimmering eagerness to get to know the girl who seemed startled by his loud excitement and unbashful flattery.