Chapter Thirty-Nine

The loud and noisy train station made the girl behind Aizawa wince, she wheeled her suitcase back and forth as the teacher talked to his students, essentially threatening them to behave on their internships or else. After the fourth minute of this Vallea thumped her head against his shoulder blade, resting it for a moment as she yawned, lack of sleep finally catching up with her. Aizawa made no movement to move her or scold so she happily used him as a head rest as class 1-A watched bewildered, most not knowing that he was her legal guardian.

If she was being honest she had been dreading this week, slightly scared of what she was going to head into after Dabi claimed that the flame hero was a monster. And being away from Yamada for a week made her stomach flip uneasily, if she had any nightmares she wouldn't be able to just crawl into his bed and cuddle. She would have to deal with her demons by herself and that terrified her, and ALL MIGHT! Oh how much she was going to miss that fuzzy body of his, she didn't know what she was going to do without him meowing and chasing invisible things in the middle night, who else was supposed to give her more nightmares? She would miss Aizawa of course but not as much and for Hawks, well he has been on her bad list ever since he hung up. He hasn't even apologized or tried to contact her, supposedly he was off somewhere doing a mission. That still didn't give him the right to be so rude though.

Finally Aizawa stopped talking and ordered everyone to their trains, Vallea sighed loudly into his back. "I don't wanna go." She whined causing him to grunt out in annoyance.

"Too bad, you're going, even if I have to drag you there myself."

"You're so mean!" She moaned, lifting her head from him and stepping away, sulking at his pitiless actions. "I should have asked Yamada to see me off."

"He's teaching right now." He bluntly stated, crossing his arms, black eyes lazily staring her down.

"He would have missed work for me, because he's nice, unlike you." She stuck her nose up in the air as he just gazed at her, clearly bored at her whining.

"Right well he isn't here, so get your butt on your train before you miss it." He deadpanned, causing her to sniffle feeling dejected by his attitude.

"Fine, see you never." She moaned dramatically walking away from her guardian as he groaned, with a roll of his eyes he swiftly stopped her by pulling her into an abrupt hug. His arms wound tightly around her figure as she just blinked owlishly, peering down at the arms that were wrapped around her torso and more important the monotone braided bracelet he was wearing on his wrist. "You're wearing it." She whispered out in bewilderment never actually expecting him to wear her childish gift.

"Don't be dumb of course I am, like Yamada said it's a sign of our family." Teal tears welled up in her peach eyes, hands grasping his arms as she shook in silent sobs, heart flooding with warmth at his words. "Now behave and actually learn something from the internships."

"Okay." She croaked, wiping the few strays tears from her cheeks when he released her.

Aizawa chuckled at her, resting a heavy hand on her head, ruffling the white locks. "Yamada told me to tell you that you should be a pain in the ass for Endeavor, with that in mind if I get a phone call about your behavior I'll take all of your sweets away for two months, understood?" She nodded the best she could with his hand still on her head. "Good, now scram you're gonna miss your train." He lifted his hand up and ushered her away, with a heavy sigh she began walking towards her train, eyes glancing backwards to see that Aizawa was watching her, a small smile on his lips. She beamed at him, teal tears still gleaming within her eyes as she waved goodbye to her parent.

"Todoroki? Is that you?" She was walking to Endeavor's giant agency building when she noticed the dual colored hair boy at the front entrance, she hadn't even noticed or seen him on the train ride here.