Chapter Twenty

"Something is wrong with me." Aizawa looked up, gazing at the girl who was just staring at her bowl of untouched rice. He placed his chopsticks down, swallowing the last bit of food in his mouth, observing her keenly.

"Why do you say that?" He asked tiredly.

"My quirk...today something happened with that villain." She whispered, fingertips gently tracing her right forearm underneath the table. The hero already knew something strange had happened when he and hawks had found that lake of blood and decayed flesh. It raised many questions but he hadn't asked the girl anything, already knowing she had been interrogated by the police earlier today. He had thought he was doing her favor by leaving her alone but now he wasn't quite sure. Vallea at the beginning claimed that she managed to run away from the Shigaraki before he could do any real harm but now Aizawa had inkling that she was finally going to tell the truth with what actually happened.

"What happened? And tell me the truth, I know when you are lying." The girl squirmed, eyes pinching together as she tried to find the right words to describe what had happened.

"I didn't get away from the villain right away." She announced, bowing her head so she wouldn't have to look at the male. "He um actually grabbed me, I-I tried to dodge and run but he didn't give me the chance."

Aizawa's face fell, growing somber rapidly the more she told him. "I think he was mad I was still alive, no thanks to him." She chuckled bitterly, hands fisting until her nails bit at her skin. The girl took a deep breath, tears threatening to spill as she remembered what happened. "The moment he touched me, my skin began crumbling, it was unbearable. I honestly thought I was gonna die again." A pink tongue swiped her lips as she grimaced, keeping her eyes firmly shut so no tears could escape.

The male kept quiet, letting her continue. "All I remember was the pain and the thought I was going to die alone. It was awful, I watched as um chunks of flesh and muscle began rotting away into nothingness. I was sure that was it, that I would become nothing but a pile of dust, that my parents would never have a body to bury. ...But then something happened, I don't know what it was but it was like something just washed over me, taking control momentarily. I lost sight out of both eyes and when I gained it back...blood was everywhere. It spurted out of my wound like a fountain, I don't think-, no I know bodies aren't even supposed to have that much blood let alone lose that much." Vallea breathed out in disgust and horror, being able to feel the warm and sticky sensation of blood coating everything.

"It was like a scene from a horror film, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The next thing I knew my wound that should have killed me stitch up within seconds. My quirk has always allowed me to heal faster than others but it would still take a day or two for injury like that to even start healing. Flesh, muscle and even bone formed and regenerated within the blink of an eye. And the blood that remained on my skin just sort of sunk back into my body. Like what the hell is up with that?!" She shrieked the last part, eyes snapping open and as her hands began tugging at the freshly washed locks.

"I don't know what's happening, but that's not my quirk, these stupid gross tears aren't my tears, this isn't me. Something is wrong with me and I don't know what to do. I don't feel like myself anymore." The girl cried, oily grey tears plopping down against the dark oak table.

Aizawa didn't know what to say or how to counsel the distressed teen, he didn't even know how to begin processing the information she just told him. A quirk suddenly changing is unheard of, all he could think of was that her quirk may be reacting negatively to traumatic events happening to her. He thought for a second, fingers tapping against the table, before his eyes widen, feeling dumb for not realizing it sooner.