"You weren't supposed to do that"

TW!!!
Blood, Mentions of Death

It was the day of the festival, and here Tommy was. Standing on top of a forgotten building that still stood proud and tall, looking throughout the land that was once theirs. He scoffed slightly to himself and tightened the red cloth around his neck. He was wearing a white tank top, which was tucked into his ripped jeans, his old L'manberg uniform's jacket tied around his waist, combat boots finishing off the look. Bandages laced around his body, his wrists, his ankles, his shoulder. Training for this stupid event took up more time that Tommy ever thought that it would. He looked around him once again, making sure he had ender pearls in his satchel just incase. He turned around only to face Wilbur. His brother. He jumped slightly but calmed down, words beginning to be stuck in his throat once again as the older male looked down at him with some sort of craziness in his eyes. He swallowed thickly and turned back around, hearing footsteps start to walk onto the stage. It was beginning. He listened to Schlatt talk for a while. He didn't despise the man. He had saved him a few months prior, letting him stay in Manburg so he could take just a bit to heal physically and emotionally from Wilbur's insanity. He smiled slightly and gave him a little wave when Schlatt noticed him while walking to the side. He noticed something that wasn't there before though. Schlatt had a cold look on his face, and more importantly, his eyes. Schlatt's eyes were usually a pale sea blue, but now they were a dark black that looks like they could fill in the void, he figured it was just contacts. Tommy felt uneasy then, shifting from one foot to another. He watched as his best friend. Tubbo. Came onto the podium next to give his speech. He smiled happily as he listened, proud that it was going along smoothly. He heard a faint chuckle behind him and turned around to see Wilbur holding a spare button. His eyes widened and he quickly walked towards him. "Wilbur- Wilbur no." He said quickly, reaching his hands up to take the button. "oh, oh Tommy. This has to be done." He only remembered starting to scream, his hands blindly reaching for a pearl.

So there Tommy stood. His arms tightly wrapped around Tubbo. Except, he couldn't feel anything hitting him, at least. Everything was ringing. He could heart more faint screaming. Ah, his ears were ringing. And as he thought everything was calming down, he finally felt the heat of an explosion near them. He stood his ground, holding the shorter male closer to his chest, before he let out a strangled gasp, feeling something pierce through his chest. He let out a choked scream of pain, but still, refused to let go of his friend. He ignored their plea's and protests to help him, and didn't let go until he was sure the explosions were over. He took a step back, swaying slightly and looking down at his chest. There it was. A very sharp piece of wood. Through his chest. He looked up at Tubbo, a shaky hand placing itself on the piece of wood before pulling away. He fell forward and everything went black.
--
He couldn't open his eyes. He felt like his eyelids were being weighed down by rocks. He was struggling to breathe, and he knew he was bleeding way to much to be safe. He couldn't do anything. Not when he couldn't see. He felt like his ears were literally being torn apart from the inside out. He felt someone's arms wrap around him. It wasn't Tubbo. Definitely not Tubbo. Too strong to be Tubbo. He heard more screaming. More and more screaming. He didn't want them to worry, whoever they were. He'd be just fine..as soon as he woke up.

It was only months later, when Tommy's eyes shot open. His breathing quickened and he tried to sit up, only to be met with pain. He let out a strangled cry once again, and heard footsteps coming towards wherever he was. The door to whatever room he was in slammed open and to his relief, in rushed his dad. 
"Tommy!!"
He barely heard his father yell before he was swallowed by a hug from the older man. Tears came to his eyes as he shakily hugged back, wincing slightly. 
"I-I papa- h-..ur-t it h-hu...r-ts." 
He whimpered, taking deep breaths. Phil nodded slightly, tears already streaming down his face as he reached into a nearby drawer and grabbed a healing potion, handing it over to Tommy after opening it, holding it to his mouth so the boy could drink. Tommy downed that drink like his life depended on it, which in one way it did. His ears immediately popped and he cringed slightly, that hurt. He could finally hear fully, though. His voice was still on edge and scratchy though.
He blinked a few times, strength slowly coming back to his body. He felt a small smile come to his face as he looked up at his dad, hugging him once again. 
"D-o d-do- t-te..chn-o.-"
He coughed out and cringed again, a hand rubbing his throat.
"Slow down, son it's okay. How about you use sign language like I taught you? Yeah? Let your throat heal."
Phil sighed, ruffling the boy's hair a bit. Tommy slowly nodded and looked down shakily at his hands, all scratched up and scarred. He took a deep breath before signing to his dad.
'Do Techno and Wilbur know I'm awake? Are they okay?'
Philza seemed to chuckle a bit. "They're both okay, they recovered faster than you, and Wilbur is back in the right state of mind. They're in Manburg right now. It's been being rebuilt since the explosions. Most of the citizens forgave Wilbur, knowing he wasn't okay then. None of them know you're awake though. Just me." He explained.
Tommy nodded slightly. 
'can- can i surprise them? please? I'll be okay I promise. I just- I wanna see them'
He signed quickly, looking at his father as if to plead like a lost puppy wanting to be taken in.
Phil let out a sigh and nodded a bit. "Fine, fine. But you need to eat first. Then we can go. I'm sure they'll be very happy to see you"
He hummed, and helped his son stand up, bringing him downstairs to eat.

It only took Tommy about half an hour to get dressed and get his shoes on. Everything burned slightly but otherwise besides his throat, he was okay. He smiled happily as he held Phil's hand, and watched as his dad typed in a few coordinates to bring them to, making sure Tommy was okay before pressing okay. The two of them were brought to a smaller field but in the distance they could see the in progress town of Manburg. Tommy smiled widely and quickly took off, Phil quickly going after him and telling him to slow down, which Tommy responded with "my chest was impaled, not my legs!" and continued to run.
The two of them ran until they came to the "White House" Tommy looked up at the doors before pushing them open (with Phil's help) and walking inside. Nobody was around, Tommy assumed they were in a meeting, so off they went, outside once again to the small farm. That's where he saw his brothers, both working. Wilbur had his signature yellow sweater back on, and Techno had shortened himself down to the white button up and pants, his belt holding them tight. Tommy's eyes lit up as he quickly started running once again, tears starting to come to his eyes.
"Wilbur!! Techno!!"
He screamed with the best he could, watching the two of them look up, dropping whatever they were holding. They stared at him in disbelief before they began running towards him as well. The three of them collided in a hug in the middle of the farm, Wilbur starting to cry as he held Tommy tight. Believe it or not, Techno started crying as well. The three of them were soon joined by Phil hugging them all, the family reunited once again. 
"Tommy I'm so sorry. I'- I'm- I didn't know what I was thinking-"
Wilbur said through tears before Tommy shut him up with a hand to his mouth.
'Shut up. I'm fine. My throat is still healing, but I'm fine'
He signed to him, before he was hugged again, tighter. He let out a whine and was let go slightly which he was thankful for, they had started to press against his chest wound.
They all chatted for a bit longer before Tommy turned around, hearing someone call his name.
"TOMMY!!!"
His smile immediately turned into a big ass grin as he saw Tubbo running towards him at full speed.
"T-UB..BO!!"
He coughed and quickly opened his arms, the brunette literally throwing himself into them, wrapping his legs around Tommy's waist as they hugged, burying his head into the crook of his neck.
"I'msorryimsorryimsorr-"
Tommy slightly loosened his grip on Tubbo to sign something to Phil before holding him again.
"Tommy says shut up, he's fine."
Tubbo sniffled as tears began streaming down his face, staining Tommy's shirt, but neither of them cared. Another voice called out to him and Tommy AND Tubbo looked up, only to see literally everyone running over the hill. He wasn't surprised, apparently he had been out for over 4 months. He grinned and held Tubbo close, letting the others give him a side hug. He looked up at Schlatt once he arrived and gave him a big grin, the ram's eyes once again a pale sea blue. He smiled back before going to talk with Phil. Tommy looked around and saw Fundy and Wilbur literally holding onto each other. Now that he thought about it, Fundy was his nephew. Ew, he sounded old. He smiled before sitting down in the grass, still holding Tubbo close, running his hands through the male's hair. He missed his best friend. He let out a content sigh and watched his brothers sit next to him. Techno leaned on his shoulder, and Wilbur wrapped an arm around him. He felt Phil sit behind him and he leaned into him, closing his eyes and relaxing. They were all back together again, and that made him happy.
Words: 1769  
Started: 11/12/2020 12:45 pm
Finished: 11/12/2020 4:46 pm