Ch. 31: Start Your Engines! The Chunin Exam Begins!

3rd POV

'Well, if it isn't Scarface.' Y/n smirks.

"It's time to begin. I am Ibiki Morino, your proctor. And from this moment, your worst enemy." He introduced himself with an intimidating glint in his eyes.

The crowded ninjas murmur amongst themselves, feeling overwhelmed.

Ibiki points his finger to the crowd. "First, you candidates from the village Hidden in the Sound... Knock it off! Who told you you could fight?! You want to be failed before we've even begun?"

Just as Dosu, the sound ninja turns his head; y/n sneakily but quietly reaches behind her and strum her strings. Her hands begin to glow, activating her chakra without anyone, except for one person noticing.

"Sorry

"Sorry. It's our first time. Guess we're a little jumpy, sir."

Ibiki smirks with a hmph and continues, "I'll say this once, so listen up. There will be no combat between candidates. No attacking each other without the permission of your proctor. And even then, the use of fatal force is strictly prohibited. Anyone who even thinks of messing with me will be disqualified immediately. Got it?"

Zaku scoffs with his lips curled up mischievously. "No fatal force? That's no fun."

A couple of the Chunins begin to chuckle.

"Now, if we're ready; we'll proceed to the first stage of the Chunin exam. Hand over your paperwork. In return, you'll each be given a number." The temporary proctor holds out a white square with the number one on it. "This number determines where you will sit. We'll start the written test once you're all seated."

"The what?" Naruto questioned. "Did he say, written?" To add more to his luck, he sees Kotetsu holding out a stack of papers. "Nooo! Not a written test! No way!!!"

'I feel you bro.' Y/n thought with a cringe.

As everybody lined up for their number, the little song girl begins to hum a little tune. She is in between Haku and Naruto, as she brings out her instrument and begins to fingerpick the melody. (▶️) A couple of people around her looks at her weirdly but yet, did not question her as they listened to her catchy tune.

Sasuke stares at the h/c haired girl, mentally asking himself, 'How can she be so calm? Why did she activate her chakra? What is she up to?'

Y/n subtly smiles and keeps playing as she moves with the line. On the last chord, it's finally her turn to get her number and the test. The Chunins and Ibiki look at her strangely, thinking about how peculiar this girl is.

Y/n shrugs her shoulders with a half smile. "What? It helps me calm down before taking a test."

Kotetsu gives her the paper and the number.

Ibiki instructs her, "Just don't play that instrument during the exam. You don't want to get caught."

She smirks at him and salutes, "You got it Chief!" With that, she turns around and searches for her seat, not seeing Ibiki chuckling. 'All right, now where's my seat?' Her e/c eyes look back and forth from her number to the other seats until she finds it, next to the one and only Gaara. "Gaara! How's my favorite sandman?" She asked with a grin.