Ch. 4: Life is Full of Surprises

Your POV

'I take it back, it does get worse.' I thought depressingly.

During the lectures, our teacher taught us how to throw a shuriken and kunai directly to the target. I manage to hit outside of the rings and other trees which scared the living daylights out of Iruka Sensei and I still keep missing the center target. I received a couple of laughs from most of the girls and some guys which made me embarrassed. Here I thought it will be just like throwing darts but boy, was I wrong. Sensei assigned Choji to help me perfect it. He would have asked Sasuke but, due to the morning feud, he asked Choji instead in which I am grateful and excited to meet. As soon as we introduce each other, we instantly clicked and got along well. He is a very kind and caring guy. He even offered me some of his chips, which obviously I accepted. First, he showed how to hold the shuriken.

"To hold a shuriken you must grab on the point of it and hold it between your thumb and the second knuckle of your first finger."

I did what I was told and asked, "Like this?"

He nodded and gave me the next step of properly throwing it. (Which is a mouthful I may add)

"Okay y/n chan, when you are throwing your star horizontally, throw from your stomach. Place your arm across your body, extend your arm out quickly, and flick your wrist at the end. So, hold your shuriken in your right hand, bend your arm at a 90-degree angle, and lay your arm across your stomach so that your forearm touches your stomach and your hand is on the left side of your body. Now, keep your elbow where it is and quickly extend your arm out to the front and release as your arm comes out in front of you." He instructed.

Blinking and taking everything in, I followed step by step and finally throw my ninja star. I closed my eyes nervously that I may have missed the target again. Then, I blink them open when I heard Choji's appraisal.

"Great job y/n chan! You did it!"

I look back at the tree and he was right. My weapon made its mark dead center in the target. I look at it in shock and look back at Choji's joyful face.

"I did it? I did it! Yeah! Hahaha! Thank you Choji!" I exclaimed happily.

I hug the plushy boy in the happy moment of my accomplishment not seeing his shocked, blushing face. Once I let go of him, I look at his dazed look and grew concern.

"Hey Choji, you alright there buddy?"

"Yeah, I'm fine y/n chan no problem." He replied with his face red free after he snapped out of it.

Timeskip

After class ended, Iruka Sensei gave me a one on one lesson on how I can access my chakra. Naru already left not before saying that he'll wait for me at the apartment. I tried meditating, but I fell asleep after a few minutes which kind of irritated him comically. I tried sparring with him but, that did not turn out so well due to my little knowledge of fighting. Finally, he decided to give me a pill.

"All right, since the first two choices did not work, the least we can do is try a chakra pill."

He outstretches his arm and opens his hand. In his hand is the chakra pill which reminds me of a bunny's poo. As I grab the tiny black ball, I became a bit skeptical about consuming this. He must have noticed my facial expression because he reassures me that it's safe. Not having any other choice, I threw the pill, catch it in my mouth, and swallowed. Then, we both wait in anticipation. After some agonizing silence, my stomach began to rumble loudly. My e/c eyes widen at this and I saw Iruka Sensei widen his eyes too and hid behind one of the wooden poles just as a precaution. Just as my stomach finish rumbling, I unintentionally let out a loud fart. *Pbbbt* (I'm sorry, I have to lol!) Iruka Sensei anime dropped on the floor in disbelief while my whole face turns red as a cherry.