Ch. 6: It's a Doggy and Buggy World Out There

Your POV
The next day, I did my usual morning routine, put on my ukulele, and head straight to Naru's door, but instead I found a note taped to his door saying he got to do more pranks. I rolled my eyes and head towards the academy. In the middle of my walk, I heard a dog barking. It seems to be coming closer judging by how loud the barking gets. I turn around and saw a little white ball of fur rushing towards me and jump up to my chest.

"Oof! What the?!"

As I pull back the white fluff, I look at its face and know right away it's Akamaru!

"Ruff!"

Knowing myself, I cannot help but feel adored by this bundle of joy.

"Oh my gosh! Aren't you the cutest little thing! Yes you are, oh yes you are!" I baby talk him while nuzzling his cold wet nose with my dry one.

But then, I noticed that his owner is not present.

'Huh, where's Kiba?'

I look around to see if he is nearby but, I can't seem to find him.

Looking back to Akamaru, I ask, "Do you know where he is?"

All he did was bark as if he's saying, "Nope."

"Well then, I guess he's at the academy looking for you. Come on, let's go pup." I gestured to the direction with my eyes.

With that, we both continue our way to the academy

Timeskip

When we got near to the academy, I saw Kiba frantically searching for a certain someone while whistling and looking under a bush. I walk up behind him and cleared my throat.

"You looking for someone?" I ask sarcastically.

"Yeah I am. By any chance-"

As he stands up, he stopped mid question when he sees both of us standing behind him. His face changes from panic to relief in an instant.

"Akamaru!" He yells in joy.

Akamaru jumps out from my arms to his and lick his face.

'Sigh, I'm gonna miss holding him.'

"Thanks for finding him y/n!" He says in gratitude.

"Oh, it's no problem. He found me! And I'm glad I found you here. Otherwise I would keep him for myself. Haha." I said jokingly.

Kiba laugh, "Well if you want, you can always hold him if you want to?"

As soon as he finished, I dove straight to the puppy and carried him like a baby.

"Thank you good sir!"

Kiba sweat drops in response for not getting any attention right now.

"Who's the most handsome one in the world? You are!" I babied him as I walk towards the entrance.