Ch. 30: Genin Takedown! All Ten Rookies Face Off!

Your POV

We finally made it. We finally made to room 301, only to find Mr. Kaka and Cowprint standing by the door. After a few moments of silence, Mr. Kaka finally speaks up.

"Glad you came Sakura, for your sake and the others."

"Huh?" The three of them react questionably.

Snowy and I blink with a straight face on.

"Now, you can all formally register for the Chunin Exam."

"Same with you two." Cowprint's voice rumbles.

I smirk while Haku smiles along with me.

"Why? What do you mean?" PB asked.

Sensei puts his hands in his pockets before responding, "You see, only groups of three are allowed to apply for, and take the exam. That's the way it's always been."

"But Sensei, you said the decision to take the exam was up to the individual." She pointed out.

"That's right. I did."

"Was that a lie?"

Mr. Kaka turns his head to the side. "Sort of... It is an individual decision, but it affects all of you. I didn't tell you before because I didn't want the other guys pressuring you."

Naru hmphs while I elbow him on the gut.

"Ow!"

"Sh!"

Ignoring us, he continues, "At the same time, I didn't want you feeling obliged to participate because of any feelings you might have for Sasuke or Naruto. I wanted you to come to a decision of your own free will."

She widens her eyes in understanding, "Wait a minute, do you mean if the others had shown up but I decided not to come with them—"

"It would've been the end of the line, if you hadn't come along. I couldn't have let the others in, but it's a moot point. You're all here, and for the right reasons. Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke... I'm proud of you. Y/n, I am also proud of you, whether you're in this team or not." He gives us all his signature close eyed smile.

"Oh Mr. Kaka, you old soft-serve." I bashfully look away with a blush on my cheeks.

"I couldn't ask for a better team. Good luck." He takes a few steps away from the door, letting us through.

"We won't let you down Sensei! Believe it!" Naru said as he and his team walk up to the doors.

Cowprint walks up to Snowy and I with a proud look on his face. Even though you can't see his smile, the warm glint in his eyes gave it away. He places both of his hands on top of our heads, ruffling them wholeheartedly.

"I am also proud of you both. Show them what you're capable of, All right?"

We both nod with a happy grin, feeling determined to win this. All of a sudden, my body took control of me, making me jump up and wrap my arms around his neck. I hug him tightly, sensing him and everyone else's jaws drop.

"Thank you. We will not fail you." I whispered to him.

Soon, I hear him let out a deep chuckle, and wrap an arm around me just as tightly. What I didn't see are the four guys watching us with their hard stare.

I hear Mr. Kaka clearing his throat, "Um, aren't you forgetting someone?"

I giggle, "Of course not."

I let go of Cowprint, jumping off and walking towards Mr. Kaka. I open my chubby arms, waiting for him to bend down a little.

"Bring it in Mr. Kaka." I hear him chuckle and soon he wraps his arms around my back tightly.