𝟎𝟔 | "Tʜᴇ Iɴᴛᴇʀ-Hɪɢʜ"

A/N: Hello, readers! I'm finally writing about the Inter-High! Enjoy!

edited on january 25th, 2021 @ 1:39pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER SIX - THE INTER-HIGH

TAKASHI HAD ARRIVED AT Lil' Tykes Volleyball Classroom. His high school coach, Ukai Ikkei, coached kids there, and he figured he should pay him a visit before he headed towards the Sendai Gymnasium for the Inter-High.

"Coach!" Takashi greeted as Ikkei turned around.

"Ah, Kageyama. It's been awhile since I've seen you." Ikkei said.

"Y-You're Kageyama Takashi! A well known volleyball player on Japan's National Team!" A younger kid exclaimed.

"Kageyama, this is Ogasawara Hiroki. He's one of my students. He's been wanting to meet you ever since you inspired him to be a setter." Ikkei explained.

"Funny, Ten and I were just talking about that topic after my match last week." Takashi stated.

"Speaking of which, how has he been?" Ikkei asked. "I heard you guys got engaged. I always told Sakai back then that you two would get married."

Takashi smiled at the mention of the manager that was there when he played for Karasuno. She was only a first-year when he was a third-year.

"He's fine. Drawing his manga as usual. I keep telling him to get an editor to make things easier for him, but you know how he is." Takashi replied as he rubbed his forehead.

"Senpai! Can you teach me how to set like you?" Hiroki asked, still amazed that he met his volleyball inspiration.

"Sorry, Hiroki. I'm on a tight schedule. I'm an assistant coach for my old high school. The Inter-High will start soon." Takashi replied as Hiroki looked down. "Perhaps next time."

This made Hiroki brighten up. "Yes!" He exclaimed as Takashi chuckled.

"Assistant coach, huh?" Ikkei questioned. "No matter where you are, you'll always find yourself back at Karasuno."

"Yeah, Keishin actually offered it to me, and my younger brother is their current setter now." Takashi explained.

"Taking after his older brother, eh?" Ikkei teased.

Takashi scoffed. "Don't tell him that." He said. "It was nice seeing you again, Coach. But I gotta go before I'm late."

"Good luck with the Inter-High, Kageyama."

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

"Sorry I'm late!" Takashi shouted as the current Karasuno team looked at him.

"Oh, Takashi. I was about to text you. You're just on time actually." Ukai said as they walked into the building. Takashi could hear what other players were saying about each of the members. That is, until someone spotted him.

"H-Hey... Do you have any idea who that is?"

"Oh! That's Kageyama Takashi, right? Famous volleyball player and the captain and setter for Japan's National Team? What's he doing here?"

"My guess is that he's scouting for people who would be great at National level."

"I heard that Karasuno's current setter is related to him. I mean, they have the same last name."

"Kags!" Takashi heard someone shout as he froze up, memories flooding into his head.

"The only person who called me that was..." He thought, looking up to see a very familiar ginger haired male wearing a black hoodie, denim jeans, and white sneakers.