𝟏𝟎 | "Pᴀsᴛ Fᴏᴇs"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to the start of season two! Also, my dumbass came to a realization that Saeko and Akiteru weren't friends during their high school days. But for the sake of the plot, let's pretend they were, okay? Also, this chapter will have flashbacks of Takashi's time when he played for Karasuno. Enjoy the chapter!

TW: Anxiety attack (Not sure if I need a TW for this, but just in case).

edited on june 9th, 2021 @ 11:21am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TEN - PAST FOES

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE not gonna be able to come?"

Takashi was sitting in a local coffee shop with Akiteru. After meeting up with his old high school coach in giving him away (to which he said yes to), he had met up with his best friend.

"I don't know, Taka. I might be busy." Akiteru muttered.

"Teru, we haven't even set an official date yet. How the hell will you know if you're gonna be busy?" Takashi sighed.

"There's that old nickname again. He hasn't used it since high school." Akiteru thought. "I just can't, okay? You know how busy I am with work."

Takashi huffed in annoyance. "Teru, we've been friends since our first-year of high school. Then, we met Saeko soon after. I would like to have my best friend there. Stop being so damn selfish. I'm not Kei." He said.

Akiteru clenched his jaw at the mention of his younger brother. "You know why I did what I did back then. You have a little brother too, you told me you understood my situation." He informed.

"Yeah, but I would never lie to Tobio about my position and having him hate volleyball as a result. At least now I'm trying my best to fix my mistakes that I made. You're not even trying as much with Kei." Takashi shot back.

When Akiteru didn't answer, Takashi got up and left the coffee shop, throwing his drink on the way out.

"Shit... it's now or never. I don't care about the outcome anymore." Akiteru thinks to himself as he quickly rushed out of the coffee shop, following Takashi.

"You want to know why I don't want to attend your wedding?" Akiteru called out, making Takashi stop. "It's because I'm hopelessly in love with you, Kageyama Takashi. Have been since high school. I don't want to watch you marry someone else while I wished it was me you were getting married to instead. So yeah, call me selfish for not wanting to attend."

Takashi stayed silent for a moment as he turned around. "This was what you wanted to tell me back in high school, huh?" He questioned. Akiteru just nodded in reply.

"When did you realize you were in love with me?" Takashi asked.

"I don't know, to be quite honest." Akiteru replied honestly, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Perhaps it was when you did everything in your power to make sure I became a regular on the team, or at least make it to the bench. You always stayed after practice to send tosses to me."

Takashi sighed to himself, knowing that his next move might jeopardize his relationship with both Tenma and Akiteru, depending on how both males react.

No matter what though, Takashi had to do it. He had to give Akiteru closure. It was the least he could do.

He turned around, pulled Akiteru close to him, and kissed him before quickly pulling away. "T-Taka, what—" Akiteru stuttered.