𝟑𝟖 | "Tʜᴇ Cʜᴇᴍɪᴄᴀʟ Cʜᴀɴɢᴇ Oғ Eɴᴄᴏᴜɴᴛᴇʀs"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on december 29th, 2021 @ 5:48am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT - THE CHEMICAL CHANGE OF ENCOUNTERS

TSUKISHIMA WAS UP TO SERVE. The whistle blew as Tsukishima hits the ball. Leon spiked past Hinata and Tanaka. The game resumed as both teams were tied with 20 points. Asahi jumped up to spike but was blocked.

"Chance ball!" Leon shouted, receiving the ball.

"Damn it!" Kobayashi said.

"Guard that desperately stolen half-step lead with everything you've got!" Nagata stated.

"Goshiki!" Shirabu shouted, tossing the ball towards Goshiki.

Hinata went up to block as Tobio crouched down to save the ball. Nishinoya jumped up. "Leave it to me!" He reassured, tossing the ball in which Asahi jumped up to spike it and got a point for Karasuno.

"Nice kill, Asahi!" Daichi complimented.

"I can't lose to Hinata and Tanaka." Asahi claimed.

"Kageyama, you got a great receive, too." Daichi told him.

"Thanks." Tobio replied.

The game resumed as Kawanishi jumped up to spike the ball, gaining a point for Shiratorizawa and making them tied with Karasuno once more.

The buzzer sounded as Semi had switched in with Shirabu. "Their serve is strong! We're gonna cut it off at one!" Daichi announced.

"Right!" Nishinoya and Asahi replied in unison.

TWEEEET!

Semi threw the ball up in the air as he did his jump serve. "Nishinoya!" Daichi called out as Nishinoya received the ball.

"Sorry! It's long!" Nishinoya apologized.

Tobio jumped up to get the ball as he sent a one handed toss to Hinata, who spiked it down and gained a point for Karasuno.

"All right!"

"Man... That move's gotta be hard to repeat." Kobayashi commented.

"We're counting on you!" Nishinoya told Tsukishima, slapping his hand as he was switched out with him.

"Tsukki! Don't lose to Hinata!" Yamaguchi called out.

"Huh?!" Tsukishima commented, turning around as Yamaguchi flinched at his look.

"It's not like we're competing." Tsukishima said to himself. The buzzer went off as Tsukishima turned to Tobio. "Hey."

"Huh?"

"We're counting on you!" Hinata informs Yamaguchi before taking the number plate.

"Right!" Yamaguchi replied.

"I can do it, but can you?" Tobio challenged.

"Well... I practiced with Akaashi-san, so..." Tsukishima responded bluntly, making Tobio be taken aback.

"This guy's practicing with Fukurodani's setter?" He thought in irritation. "I'm super jealous!"

Yamaguchi caught the ball that he was tossed. "Huh? Looks like he's going to hit really close to the edge this time." Uyeda pointed out.

The whistle blew as Yamaguchi did his jump floater serve, aiming it right at Ushijima, but Leon received it on time.

"Goshiki!" Ushijima shouted.