𝟎𝟓 | "Jᴀᴘᴀɴ Vs USA"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Sorry that I haven't updated this in a while. I've been busy with college and work. Also, I researched that professional volleyball has five sets, but I'm only gonna write about two because my ass is too lazy to write all five sets. Enjoy the chapter!

Bold = speaking English.

edited on january 21st, 2021 @ 9:18pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER FIVE - JAPAN VS USA

TAKASHI COULDN'T SLEEP.

He groaned in frustration, trying to stop himself from having an anxiety attack. "Kashi? You okay?" Tenma asked sleepily.

"I'm fine, Ten. Go back to sleep. It's..." Takashi looked over at the bright red digits. "...2:30am."

Tenma sighed as he cuddled closer to Takashi, running his fingers through his black hair, trying to calm him down. "I thought your anxiety attacks stopped after we graduated high school."

"I thought they did too. But with Japan's first match today they came back." Takashi stated. "What if we lose? It'll be my fault as captain."

"You won't lose." Tenma said. "You have the power to bring out a players abilities. You'll win."

"Thanks, Ten."

The next morning, Takashi was in a dark blue shirt with 'Japan' on the back of it, black shorts, and white tennis shoes. He grabbed his black and red volleyball jacket and put it on.

He followed his fiancé out of their apartment as they headed towards the stadium where the match was being held. Which was packed with people.

"I better head to the locker room. I'll see you after the match, Ten." Takashi stated.

Takashi walked into the locker room to see his team already in there changing. He changed into his red and black jersey with the number 1 on it in white as well as matching shorts. He put on his knee pads and took out tape from his volleyball bag.

"You still tape your fingers?" Matsuda asked. He wore his black and white number 2 jersey with matching shorts, knee pads, and his elbow pad which covered his left elbow.

"Been doing it since high school. It gives my tosses more power." Takashi responded.

"Ready for the match, Yama-chan?" Miura questioned. He was wearing the same red and black jersey with the number 5 on it. "I couldn't sleep at all last night, I was nervous!"

Takashi finished taping his fingers, putting his tape back in his volleyball bag and putting on his volleyball jacket over his jersey. "I know what you mean. I had an anxiety attack last night. Ten helped me through it." He admitted.

"Hey, both you and Miura will be fine. You got me watching your back." Matsuda reassured them.

"Thanks, Ren." Takashi said, looking at his team. "Let's go."

"Yeah!"

Takashi led his team out onto the court, where the USA team were already waiting. They wore a white jersey with blue outlining. Takashi took off his jacket and handed it to Japan's manager, Harada Miki.

"Captains." The referee said as Takashi and USA's captain, Damon, walked towards each other.

"Let's have a good match." Takashi spoke in perfect English, shaking Damon's hand.

"Heads is Japan. Tails is USA." The referee explained as he flipped the coin. It landed on heads. Japan was serving first.

Miura took the ball and spun it, getting the feeling of the ball in his hands.