𝟏𝟑 | "Tᴇᴍᴘᴏ"

A/N: Hello, readers! So, I know Kageyama goes to Oikawa for advice in this episode, but I thought it would be more fitting for him to go to Takashi instead. Since I want to improve their sibling relationship.

edited on july 11th, 2021 @ 1:23pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER THIRTEEN - TEMPO

THE VOLLEYBALL TEAM HAD THE Monday afternoon off from practice since the gym was being inspected, but it should be finished in time for tomorrow.

Takashi was currently resting his head on Tenma's lap as his fiancé was drawing when a knock was on their door, making Takashi jolt up in surprise.

"Kashi!"

"Sorry, love."

Takashi got up from the couch and headed towards the door and opened it, shocked to see his younger brother.

"Tobio?" Takashi blinked in confusion, wondering why his brother came all the way to Tokyo. "Come in."

Tobio walked in with Takashi closing the door behind him. He followed Takashi into the living room where Tenma was.

"Tobio, it's been a while." Tenma greeted.

"It has, Tenma-nii." Tobio stated.

"You've grown since I last saw you."

"Ten, the last time you saw him he was still a first-year in junior high." Takashi reminded him.

"I'm sorry for intruding." Tobio apologized.

"It's fine, Tobio. What do you need?" Takashi asked. "Is this about what happened with Hinata?"

"Um... sort of. I thought of going to Oikawa-san for help. But I thought going to the two who have a close partnership with one another would help more than he would." Tobio admitted.

"Hold on, can someone catch me up? What exactly is going on?" Tenma questioned.

"Hinata said he wants to hit our quick with his own will, even though he had been closing his eyes this whole time." Tobio explained.

"Hmm... Hinata? Wasn't he that kid you were telling me about? The one that idolized me?" Tenma asked.

"That's the one." Takashi answered.

"Well, that'd be pretty impressive if he could do it. Why not let him?" Tenma asked.

"P-Please don't make it sound so easy, Tenma-nii! Hinata doesn't have any technique!" Tobio hissed.

"So you told him, "Just do as I say"? You sound like a dictator." Tenma stated. "If Kashi acted like that back in high school, I would've kicked his ass."

"Ten, you bastard!" Takashi yelled before turning to his younger brother. "Have you put any thought into it? Are you giving Hinata the exact tosses he wants? Have you even tried to?"

Tobio stared at the floor, taking in the information Takashi was telling him. "If you're thinking the situation as good as it can be and you're being defensive about it, you're basically a coward." Takashi continued.

"Don't get the wrong idea. The one who had leadership in an attack isn't you... It's Hinata. If you can't understand that, you're just regressing back to playing the tyrant king." Takashi finished.

It was silent for a moment before Takashi sighed. "I saw the preliminary match back in junior high. Both Ten and I attended." He began as Kageyama flinched at the memory when he was benched. "While I understand your actions, I don't want to see you become that person again. I don't want your high school teammates to turn their backs on you. Even though I know none of your teammates or seniors would ever think twice of doing that."