𝟐𝟐 | "Pʟᴀᴄᴇ Tᴏ Pʟᴀʏ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Can you guys believe we're already halfway through season two? Enjoy the chapter!

edited on september 5th, 2021 @ 5:45am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - PLACE TO PLAY

"EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE MORE nervous than usual." Nagata commented, looking down on the court as his gaze turned over to the third-years. "Especially the third-years."

"I don't blame them." Takashi hummed. "After their lost against Seijoh, they decided to come back for a shot to go to nationals."

"Screw Aoba Johsai!" Uyeda screeched out. "They were weak back in our day and now they're strong because of some pretty boy setter?! Karasuno better take revenge and kick their ass!"

Nagata karate chopped his head. "Shut up, you idiot! You're too loud!" He scolded.

Takashi sighed to himself, feeling a headache coming on already.

TWEEEET!

Karasuno lined up by their number, staring at Johzenji High as the whistle blew.

TWEEEET!

"Let's play!"

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

Takashi could hear the Johzenji chant as the game was about to start as Asahi was the first to serve.

"Asahi-san, nice serve!"

Takashi glanced towards the referee who blows the whistle making Asahi do his jump serve, the ball reached the other players as it goes into the air. Takashi saw Terushima race after the ball.

"Chance ball!" Tobio shouted. Takashi widened his eyes when he saw Terushima had jumped up and managed to spike the ball from all the way back of his side of the court, making Johzenji get a point while Karasuno was shocked at the sudden action.

The crowd cheered as Takashi blinked. "A strong hit from the end line? On top of that, it was right after a quick spin." He mumbled as Kobayashi hummed in agreement.

"Normally, you'd return it with an underhand pass." Kobayashi added. "The last time I've seen an attack like that was when Nagata-senpai did it during nationals."

Johzenji serves the ball as it comes over to Karasuno's side. "Got it!" Asahi said as he receives the volleyball.

"Left!" Tanaka announced, making Tobio toss the volleyball over to him.

Tanaka had jumped up and smacked down the ball as a guy from the opposing team managed to save it, but the ball hits the net, making Takashi think Karasuno was going to get a point, but to his surprise the guy who tried to block him used his foot to save the volleyball from touching the ground and the ball goes into the air.

No one from Karasuno had time to block as a spiker from Johzenji slams it down and gets a point. Takashi scowled a little as the crowd chants Johzenji's cheer.

"One more!"

The ball gets served from Johzenji. However, the volleyball hits the net and lands on the ground, making Karasuno get a point.

Soon Tsukishima was up to serve. "Tsukishima, nice serve!" Daichi encouraged, as Tsukishima sends the ball into the air. A guy from the opposing team saves it as a spiker jumped up and smacked down the ball, getting Johzenji another point.