𝟓𝟒 | "Tʜᴇ Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Dᴀʏ"

A/N: Hello, readers! It's finally time for Karasuno's match against Inarizaki! Enjoy!

edited on june 15th, 2022 @ 2:00am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR - THE SECOND DAY

"GREAT JOB TODAY. I'M SURE YOU'RE already thinking about tomorrow, but please, allow me to say this. Congratulations on your important victory at nationals." Takeda announced.

"Yeah!" Both Nishinoya and Hinata cheered while Yachi and Kiyoko clapped.

"All right, let's talk about tomorrow." Ukai said. "I mean... The reality isn't gonna change, so I'll just say it... We're going up against the second-place team from this year's Inter-High. Inarizaki High School, representing Hyogo. Well, you know... You can call them the favorites to win this whole thing."

"First, their top scorer, is their #4, Ojiro Aran. He's both very tall and powerful. Just like Fukurodani's Bokuto, he's just outside of being one of the top three hitters in Japan. And when he's on his game, he has that ability to surpass that. Just like when we faced Ushiwaka, you always need to think about stopping him and getting the ball. We'll counter him with our total defense." Ukai explained, making Nishinoya and Tsukishima nod.

"And this is their middle blocker, #10 Suna Rintaro. He's actually shorter than most middle blockers but his instincts are on point. Make sure you're constantly on him when he attacks. He'll definitely get used to our quick attack, too. Make sure you take advantage of the space you have when you attack." Takashi said as Tobio nodded.

"Ojiro and Suna are Inarizaki's main guns, but the one that's going to cause real trouble is the one who can precisely all of the spikers, including those two... their setter, Miya Atsumu. Kageyama, you probably met him at the youth training camp." Ukai continued on.

"Yes." Tobio replied.

"That guy's said to be the best setter in high school..." Sugawara trailed off as his comment made Tobio have an irk expression.

"Supposedly, the way he sets the ball makes it look like the spiker's gotten better. To be honest, his sets are really easy to hit. They're consistent and don't waver." Tobio admitted.

"You're actually admitting that?" Tanaka questioned in disbelief.

"Well, his setting isn't the only thing we have to watch out for." Ukai informed.

"His serves." Tobio said.

"Yeah." Ukai nodded in agreement.

"Miya-san's basically duel-wielding spike serves and jump floaters for a while now." Tobio explained.

"So we won't know what he'll hit us with until the last second." Nishinoya pointed out.

"It'll be hard to form a serve-receive formation, then." Tanaka stated.

"I heard that he earned the best server award at both the Inter-Middle and Inter-High tournaments." Tobio continued on as Asahi face palmed.

"I really didn't need to hear that..." Asahi mumbled.

"Sorry." Tobio apologized.

"The top two teams in the country... That means we get to play both of them!" Hinata exclaimed, leaving everyone in shock.

"That's if the top seed Itachiyama makes it all the way to the finals. They're in the other block." Tobio informed.

"Oh, yeah." Hinata said. "But then whatever team beat Itachiyama would become the best, right?"