𝟏𝟗 | "Lᴇᴛ Tʜᴇ Gᴀᴍᴇs Bᴇɢɪɴ!"

A/N: Hello, readers! We're finally at the preliminaries! Enjoy!

edited on august 16th, 2021 @ 5:01am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER NINETEEN - LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

"THAT'S THEM. YOU KNOW, KARASUNO." 

"Karasuno?"

"They're the ones that played a full set with Aoba Johsai at the Inter-High prelims and actually almost beat them."

"Whoa, seriously?"

"Apparently, Kitagawa Daiichi's King of the Court is on that team. Apparently Chidoriyama Junior High's Nishinoya is also there, too."

"The guy who was called the best libero when we were in junior high?"

"Yeah. But other than the libero, I think there was one other guy who kept receiving Oikawa's serves. I think it's their captain."

"But the members of Karasuno don't really seem that tall, do they?"

"I'm pretty sure one of them is close to 190 cm, though I don't think he stood out much during the Inter-High prelims. Not to mention their two lefts are pretty scary."

"They look like power spikers."

"And most importantly... Their manager's cute! Or rather, she's hot. Or rather, she's sexy!"

"Also, there's that one guy... The tiny middle blocker that hits those crazy quicks... Karasuno's #10!"

Hinata turned around. "Whoa, what the heck? He looks like skin and bones!"

Takashi then walked passed the three players to check on Hinata. "Whoa, do you know who that is? That's Kageyama Takashi!"

"You're kidding! That famous setter on Japan's National Team? What's he doing here?!"

"Rumor has it he helps coach Karasuno after his injury during the Japan vs Korea game, and that the King of the Court is related to him."

"There's no way..."

"Well, they have the same surname..."

"You all right, Hinata?" Takashi asked, noticing how pale he was looking.

"H-Hinata, are you okay?" Yachi asked in concern. Takashi then saw Yamaguchi shaking as well, making him worried for him.

"Yep. I'm fine. I puked on the way here, and that relieved me a bit."

"Of course, you'd feel sick after eating all those pork bowls for breakfast."

"It's normal to eat pork cutlets on game days!"

"And by "normal", you mean..."

Suddenly Tobio went over and started yelling at the orange-haired male. "You dumbass! Hinata, you stupid dumbass!" He exclaimed as Takashi snorted.

"Is dumbass the only word you know?" Takashi teased as his younger brother blushed in embarrassment.

"I-I'll do my best to widen my vocabulary!" He announced as Takashi snickered.

"Relax, Tobio. I was just teasing you." Takashi smirked as his other players were talking amongst themselves, like how Asahi and Yamaguchi were getting nervous.

Takashi let out a long sigh before smacking Asahi upside the head. "C-Coach!" He stuttered.

"Stop being so negative, Asahi! Karasuno doesn't need their ace puking before the match. You'll be fine." Takashi reassured him. "Yamaguchi, that goes for you as well!"