𝟒𝟓 | "Tᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ Eᴀsʏ"

A/N: As of now, this is my only Haikyuu book where I will be writing into the manga after season four. Due to *SPOILER* Hinata meeting Tenma.

Enjoy!

edited on march 7th, 2022 @ 4:57am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE - TAKE IT EASY

IT WAS DARK OUT AS everyone was having dinner. Tobio was sitting at table in the cafeteria along with another Shinzen member.

"Man... I feel so much better when there's someone I know around."

Tobio picked up a piece of broccoli with his chopsticks before eating it.

"He's been hard to get along with since the summer training camp, but... What is he even thinking?"

"You guys at Karasuno beat Shiratorizawa, and you're going to nationals, right?"

"Yeah." Tobio simply replied.

"That's awesome. My team lost a full set at the finals. I was sure we'd win, too."

Footsteps were soon heard. "Hey." A voice said, grabbing the attention of the two, only to see that it was Sakusa.

"Sakusa!"

"I haven't seen the video yet, but why did Shiratorizawa lose? Was Wakatoshi-kun not at his best?" Sakusa questioned.

Tobio didn't respond as he glanced down. "He seemed to be playing his best to me." He finally answered.

"What?" Sakusa asked in confusion, narrowing his eyes. "Then why the hell did he lose? How did you manage that? Did someone actually manage to stop Wakatoshi-kun?"

"Yeah... They did." Tobio answered. "Though in Hinata's case, it was basically a receive..."

A lightning bolt struck through Sakusa. "Who was it? What year? What's their name? What junior—" Sakusa began interrogating Tobio.

"Sorry about that!" Komori apologized, walking towards the group. "He's as negative as you can get. He has to know everything about anyone who could be a threat to him."

"I'm not negative. I'm just cautious." Sakusa denied.

"You haven't actually gotten serious yet, have you, Sakusa-san?" Tobio asked.

"What makes you say that?"

"It's just a feeling." Tobio answered. "I mean, you're way more normal than what I'd imagined you'd be like, so far."

Another lightning bolt struck through Sakusa as he had an irritating look on his face while Komori let out a laugh.

"Right now, he thinks his shoulders aren't doing so great. Though in his case, it's usually just his head." Komori stated. "I guess there's nothing bad about being cautious about it."

"Bath time." Sakusa simply said, turning around as he left.

"Already?" Komori questioned, looking back at his cousin.

"I'm taking one before anyone else can fill the tub with their germs."

"Sorry to bug you guys!" Komori said, rushing to quickly follow Sakusa as Tobio drank his soup.

"Man, that scared me! I can't believe you called one of the top three in Japan 'normal!'"

"I said he seems normal so far." Tobio stated, placing his bowl down.