𝟓𝟏 | "Bᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ Lɪɴᴇs"

A/N: Besties this reached 100K views?! Thank you so much! I didn't expect this book to get so popular T-T. Enjoy the chapter!

edited on may 19th, 2022 @ 2:12am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE - BATTLE LINES

IT WAS THE DAY AFTER the opening ceremony as Karasuno was currently practicing at the gym before their first match.

"Nice serve!"

"Out!"

"Nice serve!" Takeda praised. "Everyone was antsy during the opening ceremonies, but they don't seem as nervous as they were during yesterday's practice."

"Okay. Okay, got it." Ukai said, getting Takeda's attention. "Thanks."

"What's the matter?" Takeda asked.

"That was from Shimada at the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium. Apparently, the matches are moving much faster than expected. Especially in the beginning, it's really important that warm up properly. I was hoping we'd have some more time to do it." Ukai replied.

"It's about ten minutes to the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium by bus." Takeda pointed out.

"All right, let's get going." Ukai told the team.

"Right!" Daichi replied.

Tanaka clenched his fist in determination. "All right!" He cheered.

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

Karasuno arrived at the bus station wearing their jackets. There was also a woman with her child.

"When's the next bus?"

"In four minutes."

"Bathroom break."

"I'm gonna go, too." Hinata announced.

"I'll watch your stuff." Yamaguchi offered.

"Thanks!" Hinata thanked him, handing him his things.

"You're seting yourself up to be late." Tsukishima commented.

"Hey, stop that!" Hinata said.

The team finally arrived at the stadium as Atsushi was wearing his pass over his neck. He was standing next to Kageyama as Hinata realized his shoes were missing.

"So it got switched out somewhere?" Takeda asked.

"It's that orange-colored one from that kids' clothing store, right?" Yachi questioned.

"It was Natsu's... but it's sturdy and was the prefect size..." Hinata trailed off.

"While you were in the bathroom, I looked away from the luggage for just a sec. That must've been when..." Yamaguchi realized, grabbing onto his head. "I'm so sorry!"

"It's not your fault, Yamaguchi!" Hinata reassured, also clenching his head.

"Okay, calm down." Takeda held out his phone. "I'll call the gym where we were doing our warm-ups."

"Sorry!"

"Hey, where's your phone?" Tobio asked.

Hinata then felt his body, searching for his phone. "It's inside that bag!" He announced as he had sparkles around him. "Nice, Kageyama."

Yamaguchi tried calling Hinata's phone and a woman picked up.

"Apparently no one's turned in a bag..." Takeda informed.