𝟓𝟎 | "Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ's Nɪɢʜᴛ"

A/N: Hello, readers! We're finally at nationals! Enjoy the chapter!

edited on may 9th, 2022 @ 5:11am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER FIFTY - EVERYONE'S NIGHT

"TEN, WHY ARE WE HERE AGAIN?"

Takashi was currently wearing a white hoodie with a dark blue wind breaker over it. He was at the shrine with Tenma as they were walking up the steps.

"Do you remember our first visit to the shrine?" Tenma asked, completely ignoring Takashi's question, making him huff in irritation.

"It was our third-year at Karasuno." Takashi answered. "We came before nationals started."

"What did you ask for that day?"

"I asked the gods to guide us in our matches." Takashi replied. "Not like it really mattered. We lost against Nekoma in the quarterfinals. But you still haven't answered my question."

"This was our tradition every time nationals came around." Tenma replied. "No way in stopping now, huh?"

Takashi stood in front of the shrine as he clapped his hands together and had his eyes closed.

"Please give Tobio and his team the guidance they need during nationals." Takashi thinks to himself. "I know it's asking for a lot, but I really want them to succeed."

Takashi steps away from the shrine and interlocked his hand with Tenma's.

"Hey, isn't that Coach Takashi?"

Daichi's sudden question brought attention to Sugawara, Asahi, and Kiyoko.

"Hmm? Yeah. Who's the guy he's with, though?" Asahi asked.

"Might be his husband." Sugawara responded. "We've never seen the guy, but that's the only person that comes across my mind."

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

Karasuno was currently on the bus heading towards Tokyo. Hinata, Nishinoya, and Tanaka had their faces pressed onto the windows.

"That's the actual..."

"...Skytree!"

"It's huge!" Hinata exclaimed.

"Hey! We're going to be dropping off our luggage at the inn, then we're going to be lightly warming up at the gym that Nekomata-sensei arranged. Listen up, I'm sure you know this, but don't you dare cause a ruckus at the inn." Daichi told the chaotic trio, giving a deadly look.

"Right..."

"All right. We're almost there. Great job enduring the trip."

"Thanks!"

The bus came to a complete stop as everyone got off. "Seriously?" Tanaka questioned, looking up at a tall building. "This is the inn?! Holy crap!"

Ennoshita then pointed over towards where they were actually staying in.

"Sweet! We're totally gonna see a house ghost here!" Tanaka exclaimed, who had stars in his eyes, along with Hinata and Nishinoya.

"Let's go explore!"

"Yeah!"

Daichi gave him one of his looks, causing the three to stop in their tracks and look towards him.

"Right."

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

"Bring it!"