Opening the door, I was met face to face with one of Chris's friends. I had met him briefly that day after church, only seen him for a few minutes before he left with Chris. 

Theo. It wasn't short for Theodore, it was just Theo. I guess he was fine to look at, but he was no comparison to Chris. No one could compare to Chris. Theo was the same height as Chris, both towering over me by a lot. But unlike Chris's stoney grey eyes, Theo had those dark chocolate colored eyes. Eyes that were now looking me up and down as I stood there, taking in my white tank top and black shorts. I had changed the moment I got home and considering it was my home, I could wear whatever I wanted..

I felt my cheeks redden at his intense gaze, my eyes dropping. The burn of his eyes wasn't anything like Chris's, I could feel it. It was something else I couldn't place. 

"Hi. Chris isn't home yet," I muttered softly, meeting his gaze again. 

Theo coughed, shifting his feet. "Oh sorry. When will he be here?"

Stepping away, I turned to see the clock that hung near the door. "In half an hour-" I looked back at him- "You're welcome to wait if you want," I said opening the door wider. 

It was my home because Chris said it. But in the first place it was his and Theo was a friend of his. I was just… I didn't know what I was. 

"It's fine. I'll wait for him out here," he nodded to his truck. 

I was raised to be polite and welcoming, to give those who came a place to stay and wait. It felt wrong to have him wait outside, it wasn't hot nor cold. But he was a friend. "No please come in. It wouldn't be nice of me to have Chris's friends wait outside." 

Theo flickered his gaze from me to his car, taking a step forward. Accepting the invitation, closing the door behind him I crossed my arms over my chest. Walking to the living room. "Make yourself at home. I'll be right back," I murmured as he sat down in one of the couches. 

Theo nodded, his eyes flashing to mine as I turned for the stairs. Tripping on the first one as I made my way to my room. I quickly made my way to my closet, throwing clothes on the floor for something decent to wear. Even when I had all these pretty clothes, I was still uncomfortable in certain outfits. Not with Chris, but definitely when I was outside or when there were other people.

Blame it on being a girl. 

I threw on an oversized shirt, the hem barely reaching my mid thigh. I could search for pants but I had already taken long and leaving a guest alone wasn't very host likely.

Running back downstairs, I almost took a hit against the floor. Halting at the threshold of the living room, I found Theo with his phone out. His head jerked up as I spoke. "Hi again. Sorry," I blurted out. 

Theo smiled, shaking his head. "It's fine."

I nodded, my hands going to my back. Not knowing what to say or do. You could say it was almost awkward as I stood there. I had had company over before but they were my friends, now he was uncharted territory. But then again it shouldn't be any different. 

"Do you want anything to drink or eat? I can bring you a beer. Or whatever you want," I said breaking the eerie silence.

"A beer would be nice," Theo answered. I nodded, turning around quickly to get one. I also took advantage of it to pull out something I knew I could use to cook. I was getting better at this whole thing, kinda.