29

Chris 

Aspen was silent, eyes lowering as she turned over my words. A second, two and then she walked to me with a purpose, her eyes now holding mine with an emotion that made me hold my breath. 

I never said it but I felt it. The moment I saw her, I knew she was more than just a child for me to take care of. I felt it in my skin, in my heart, with every step into our strange relationship. 

"You love me?" she whispered. Brown eyes swelling with hope, hope that my words were true. And fuck didn't I fall with the look she gave me as she stood besides me.

"Too damn much." It was the truth, a truth I had pushed because I was afraid of the social repercussion. A truth that had been eating at me every time I was with her, everytime I told myself I was only using her. I- fuck, nothing mattered. No one's opinion mattered, only Aspens. 

"It's not wrong right? That I fell in love with you too," she says. 

My chest loosened at her words, at her confession. So many years, many saying them but it was only from her lips did they feel real. Only from her did I want to hear them. "No," I answered. 

Looking at her, I allowed myself to see a future. To be able to see each streak of color, to see the light in them, the sparkle, the innocence I came to adore. "There are worse things than loving someone you shouldn't."

My hand itched to grab her, to hold her, to fucking kiss her. To just give in completely to her, to- "Is this okay?" I asked as I reached for her wrist. Only pressing my fingertips against her skin, waiting for her approval. I

When I had seen her hours ago, I had almost lost it. I had had her unconscious body in my arms hours before, begging her to wake up and then she had stood there with a glossy stare. Everything had slipped from my mind, forgetting that Nydia had stood there, forgetting that she had almost been raped, only knowing that she was here and she was mine. 

"What do you mean?" she asked quietly as her hand slipped in mine, looking at me with a fondness that made me want to wrap myself around her. 

"With touching you, with holding you. With-" I stopped myself from asking what I wanted the most- "You don't feel sick or repulsed? Scared?" 

She shook her head, taking a step closer. "No. I'm- with you I feel safe. I-" it was like gravity, pulling us together- "I'm not scared. Well I am. But not of you. To feel repulsed would be to say I don't want you and Chris, I want you." 

And I need you. I want you. All of you. 

Aspen stood close to me, yet I wanted her closer. I needed her closer, I needed to feel her pulse underneath me. Needed to smell that sweet aroma that she wore, to have her wrapped around me. "Can I kiss you?" Can I have you all? 

I had wanted to kiss her since the moment I saw her. And ever since that drunken kiss, I had dreamt of those lips. Had dreamt of her bathing me in kisses, to claim me with them. To fucking ruin me. 

Ever so gracefully, Aspen rose on her toes. Her fingers splayed across my neck, our foreheads touching as she leaned into me. My body straining as I did, aching, protesting but I could only push it away. "Yes." 

That was all I needed to brush my lips against hers, shuddering at the touch. Ecstasy. That’s what this is, a spiritual experience where she was my religion. A religion I would devote myself fully to if only because I love her. 

Aspen whimpered as I slid my hand to the small of her back, pulling our bodies closer. I could feel every inch of her body, feel the flicker of her tongue against my own lips. The virtuous sweet taste of her, the submission of her soft mouth under mine wraps me.