26

*TW. Sexual Assault.*

Chris

Theo didn't hit the right spot.

I tried grasping onto now, a deafening noise pressing down on me. But I didn't fall, nor did I feel the pain. I saw it all, my blood coated fingers, his grin. I was stunned to say the least, not because of the blood, I was used to seeing it but because I couldn't believe the bastard had stabbed me. 

I moved my hand to press down on my side, my fingers connecting with warm ones. Looking down I found Aspens hand on my side, trembling with fear. I couldn't help but gaze up at her lips, regret lining my features. 

It had been a brush of her lips against mine, small and innocent but it was enough for me. I'd do anything to kiss her again, small as it could be. I didn't care about social repercussions, didn't give two damn fucks about what people would say just as long as I got those lips. I'd die happily knowing that she had kissed me, that she was once mine. 

I had fucked it all up and now I couldn't say anything, not when I wanted her to run. I could feel her body shaking behind me, close to falling. Fear gripped my insides at the idea of her going into shock and she couldn't. Fuck she couldn't fall, not when she needed to run. To get out of here. 

Looking back at Theo, his smirk widened as if knowing what I was thinking. His footing even as he took a step forward, his eyes on Aspen. Not an ounce of regret crossed his face, nor was there fear. The only thing that I could gauge off him was the sickness that went deeper than the pain. A feeling that had turned and twisted his mind, that made him a perverted fuck. How had I missed it all? The signs that were clear? The bruises and smirks, the arrogance and quickness. 

All those years when he would thrive with pain, pulling in more and more. A masochist, that was he was. He enjoyed the pain, yet something told me he would also enjoy inflicting the pain and like hell would I let him get his hands on Aspen. 

"Theo," I warned him as he took another step, my free hand gripping Aspen's wrist. To pull her as I moved away from him, protecting her as best as I could. 

"I didn't want to do this," Theo said flatly, stopping. The knife he held gleaming with my blood, dripping and staining the floor. 

"You don't have to do this," I shot back. He could stop, he could walk away right now and I would let him, just as long as he left Aspen alone.

Theo shook his head, "It's too late. Just let her come to me. It'll be for the best." Aspen froze behind me at his words, her head pressing against my back. 

"Come on Theo. Think about what would happen." About all the problems that would come with touching her, with taking her from me. 

Brown eyes connected with mine, "Chris. She would have been our secret." 

A secret. Guilt and shame knotted in my stomach at his words, Aspen didn't deserve this. I had asked her for secrecy and this is what I got for asking that. I had been afraid of the judgment and persecution I would have gotten if people knew what I was doing. But I shouldn't have, Aspen didn't deserve to be a secret. 

I had fucked up. 

"Theo. Get. Out." I held his stare as I said that, moving another inch. Holding Aspen close to me, blood trickling down my side. 

He laughed, hand wiping away the blood that kept running down his nose. "Or what? You'll kill me? Last I saw-" he waved the knife- "I'm the one with the knife." 

I flinched at the sound of his voice, at the emptiness in him. I only had a second notice before he lunged, my hands pushing Aspen away. "Run. Aspen," I rasped as the metal digged into my flesh.