23

Aspen

"You had sex?" Surprise was thick on Liliths voice as I flopped down on her corner couch.

Lilith had been nice enough to pick me up, to bring me to her house without a second thought. She had been asleep when I called her, but it quickly left her body when she heard the tone of my voice. I had seen the worried glances my way, but she didn't ask me anything letting me think about what I had done.

I couldn't regret what I wanted, God I didn't regret it. Only the after, only his words that punched me deep in my gut.

Lilith had seen my face, had seen the pain etched in my eyes. I didn't mean to be so open about my situation, I hadn't meant to say anything, I knew I couldn't say anything but I needed to talk. I needed to somehow confess to something I had loved, yet destroyed me.

It hadn't been love what we did, it was just fucking. Yet deep in my heart, I wanted that love, from him.

Nodding, I fought back tears. Pushing away the awful words and concentrating on what she was doing. Lilith squealed, her voice pitching high. "How was it? With who? Oh was it big? Tell me everything?"

I let out a large breath, embarrassment crossing my features. I knew how it came out, how she had picked up all my expressions and the apparent glow I wore. I knew she was lying, one did not glow and honestly I knew I wasn't glowing because such cruel words didn't make one glow.

To lie and deny would be a sin. But to say yes, I knew would mean I would have to elaborate. And I didn't want to talk about it, not that I didn't want to either. But it felt wrong telling her about Chris, about our relationship. Or lack of as a matter of fact.

"It was good," I admitted, guiltingly. Even if it had been pure lust coated feeling, Chris did make me touch heaven with my fingers.

Her perfect brows pulled together, "Then why do you-" the door flew open, Penelope walking through- "Okay I'm here with food," she cried out, cutting off what Lilith was about to say. Penelope pushed the door closed with her hip, a smile on her lips as she did.

It was amazing how these two girls had become my friends. How so quickly- even if they had said Chris was hot- I had fallen to care for them. I had had friends before, maybe not ones that were so effortlessly made but friends nonetheless. Yet Penelope and Lilith weren't like those girls from school, they weren't looking at me with a boredom or dislike.

Penelope and Lilith had made an effort to show me they were there for me, inviting me to places, explaining to me what I didn't grasp. I was beyond grateful to have them, to be able to talk to someone about what I did. To ask if I had done wrong, if all I had been thought was wrong.

"Okay. Now I really hope you both didn't start without me. And if you did-" she pointed at me- "You girl better start over and explain why you asked Lilith to pick you up all of a sudden."

Penelope took a seat in a fluffy chair, dropping the bags on the floor. I watched as she fixed herself, but soon toppled off her seat as Lilith spoke.

"Aspen here had sex." Straight to the point.

"Holy shit-" there was nothing holy about her words- "You. The catholic girl. No offense but I was not expecting that." Penelope pushed herself off the floor, fanning her face as if what I said was embarrassing to her. Taking a seat again, she dug into the bags and pulled out a soda. "Tell us. How was it? Was it big? With who? Oh did you use protection? You did use protection right?" Penelope's words were rushed, her face snapping to mine at the last word.

Protection

I had to bite my lip, both their faces going slack. Dread and horror flashed across both their faces, Lilith speaking out first. "You didn't-" she dragged her hand across her face- "Girl was it him or you?"