XXIX

---

Kira's POV

"What?" I glared at Olga in front of me with Rogue and Rufus behind him, "Just distract him for us," He requested.

"Sting's knock out, you guys will be fine," I sighed, remembering Sting's tired state after our training session last night when we left the guild.

Since we were still wide awake, we decided to tire ourselves by fighting each other. We finished when the light first hits the ground while we both dragged ourselves to our separate apartment.

It's no surprise that Sting is still not here since he was the most tired out of the two of us, the only reason I'm here awake is that I can endure the soreness and fatigue of my body for a day with little sleep.

"You'll never know, he might be walking through those doors later. After all, he became a little more responsible after he became the master," Rufus commented as he shrugged.

"What do you want me to do then?" I groaned as I stared blankly at the trio, "Go to our apartment and make him stay there for the whole day," Rogue blurted while the two men around him nodded their heads in agreement.

"A whole day?" I asked in disbelief, wondering how I can prevent him from leaving the apartment. "Why do you need a whole day for this?"

"Because we do, there are a lot of things we need to do," Olga raised a brow as he crossed his arms against his chest.

"Plus, how can you be so sure I can completely distract him?" I huffed, glaring at the wizards.

In response, Olga and Rufus smirked at me while Rogue gave me a look that tells me that I already know the answer to my question.

"Fine," I sighed in defeat, rolling my eyes at them as Olga sang in celebration while Rufus only smirked at the god slayer.

Shaking my head, I approached Rogue as he talked to the exceeds. "Have you seen Minerva?" I asked him as he turned around to face me.

When I arrived at the apartment earlier in the morning, I didn't see Minerva in the area which worried me. I know that she went on a quest but that should be easy enough for her as she only accepted a simple one.

The moment I found out that she's been receiving threats from someone, I've been wary of our surroundings despite her assuring me that they're not from the guild.

"No," Rogue shook his head, "Didn't she go on a mission?"

"Yeah," I sighed as I bit my lip, "How about Yukino?" I questioned the wizard.

"I haven't seen her either," He shook his head again as I look at the exceeds for answers, but they also shook their head.

"Oh," I clicked my tongue, "I should go know," I sighed, remembering that I was tasked with distracting Sting for the day.

"Can I at least bring Lector with me?" I smiled sheepishly at Rogue, "No can do, Frosch and I are helping them." Lector smirked at me.

I pout in hearing his response, giving a last look to the group I focused on the image of their apartment and feel myself breaking into pieces as I closed my eyes.

Sensing the different aura of the area as I took a whiff of a familiar scent while I opened my eyes, seeing the furniture of the apartment.

Remembering the layout of the apartment, I strode towards Sting's room where I presume he'll be sleeping deeply.

Opening the door quietly to not wake the sleeping wizard in the room, I see his bareback heaving up and down as his face is buried on the pillow with the blanket covering his lower body.