XLI

---

Author's POV

Freed was seated on the ground as he put his hands together in front of him, starting the spell while Evergreen placed her hand on his shoulder.

The others watched the pair as they felt magic surrounding them while a line made its way to Kira, connecting Freed to her.

He mumbled coherent words as he drained Evergreen of her energy slowly while dark mists appeared around Kira's form like the ones in her room.

"Get ready," Laxus told his group upon seeing the mist.

Suddenly, a mist of tiger appeared above Kira as it protected her from any type of attack, snarling at the group of people in front of it.

"It's Fear," Laxus told the group, the red crystal gleaming as he watched the tiger eyed Freed behind them.

The group immediately readied themselves for any attack.

But they weren't prepared enough as the tiger swiftly appeared beside Freed who's busy keeping the spell going with his eyes closed.

Just as Fear was about to land a hit, Minerva was able to shake off her shock as she sent her magic towards the creature, pushing him a few meters away from them.

With this, the other wizards were thrown out of their daze as the group focused their attention on the snarling tiger before lunging itself towards Freed again.

Sting immediately sprung to action and sent a beam of light towards it as Laxus sent a dragon's roar to it.

Seeing as Sting's magic greatly affects the creatures, and Kira's magic, they decided to let him attack as much as possible to weaken the creatures.

Though, they seem to underestimate Fear as they turned their backs on it and gazed at another creature appearing around Kira, that they didn't notice Fear jumping towards the group with its mouth ready to devour them.

Rufus, who watched the whole thing, sent a cold shivering ice to Fear as it's force pushed it away.

"Don't let your guard down," He told the group as they whipped their heads toward its direction.

The tiger disappeared into a sphere of mists and smirked before changing to another form while the forest grew dark due to the dark mists.

It was very hard to see anything while sinister red eyes watched the group of people, waiting for them to crumble in terror.

A scream erupted through the air as Yukino clutched her head tightly, the others whipped their head in her direction despite the dark mist blocking their sight.

"They're dead because of you,"

A voice rang in her head, repeating the same words over and over again as images kept popping up. Blood plastered in every inch of her sight.

She was swimming in a pool of blood with corpses by her side as she tried to keep her body from sinking on the thick blood, her body painted in red.

Fear looked through every mind that is present, finding and comprehending their fears and terrors. Making it easier for it to control its target state of mind as it can keep its prey vulnerable.

Fear is the best creature in torturing someone for information, and well, Kira summoned it for that reason. Seeing as everyone is afraid of something or someone.

"Don't let it get to your head!" Laxus panted before lighting up the area with his lightning while Sting looked towards the lighting dragon slayer and activating his own magic as he used his light.

With the help of the two dragon slayer, Minerva strode to Yukino's way without stumbling as a hand was placed on her shoulder, looking behind her she saw a black mist that looks like a corpse.

"I've done nothing wrong to you,"

Numerous people flashed in her mind, blood coming out of their mouths as they smiled at her.

Staring at the corpses with wide eyes, she closed her eyes to get rid of the images before blasting the corpse away and rushed towards Yukino, bringing her back from her daze and helped her up from the ground.

Meanwhile, Freed was concentrating hard for the first seal to complete before Evergreen's hand was yanked away from his shoulder while another hand was placed on him. Bickslow pushed his fellow companion away from Freed seeing as her body starts to get limp with how much energy is being drained from her.

With the new source of magic, Freed is replenished again.

"The second is coming!" He told the second group as they tried to defeat Fear.

If Fear isn't defeated now, they'll have to face the second creature of the next seal which will cause them difficulties to deal with two creatures at once.

Laxus grunted in frustration, keeping his lightning activated to light up the area while Minerva walked back to her group after checking up on Yukino.

Olga sent his magic towards the source of the red light but Fear was too fast as it dodged the attack and appeared behind the group.

Minerva tried to use her magic to switch places with the creature but she can't use it without seeing the form of her target.

This went on for a while as the group tried to land a hit at Fear with it dodging every attack. Not even a physical and magical attack can touch it seeing as it's too fast for any hits to reach it.

In a moment, the group was finally able to see a clear vision of the creature as it snarled at them.

Rogue submerged himself into shadows and traveled on the ground to the back of the newly formed wolf as he tried to refrain the creature from moving while Sting lunged towards Fear.

Although Fear can easily move out of the way, he was hit by Sting's dragon roar as Fear froze in front of him. It seems like it was unsure of what it should do to the blond wizard. Due to this, he started disintegrating because of the bright light.

Its gleaming red eyes flashed, blinding the group of people before the mist disappeared along with it.

Unseen by anyone, the smallest mark on the seal started disappearing on Kira's upper back.

The group let out a sigh in relief but there is something the Thunder Legion has forgotten to mention.

Fear is the weakest pet Kira has.

As they proceed to the next seal, the creatures would only get stronger and stronger.

Before they can rest for a while, another form starts appearing near Kira's unconscious body.

A shine of green blinded the group as the creature glared at the wizards.

---