XIV

---

Kira's POV

"What's this?!"

"You say Lucy's been arrested by the Royal Army?"

"And she's been charged as a collaborator in some strange plan?"

"So what's the deal? If we don't win the Grand Magic Games, we won't get Lucy back or something?" Laxus asked beside me, crossing his arms against his chest.

"I don't know if we can trust what that guy said," Gray replied, "Gray's right," I agreed.

"What I'm saying is who cares about that?!" Natsu exclaimed while being tied down as a rope wrapped his body to the pole.

"I gotta go rescue her right now!!" He bellowed as I clutched my ears while Wendy tried to calm him.

"If we're up against the kingdom, no half-baked plan will succeed. I also don't think they'd abuse one of their own citizens either."

"Until this Eclipse plan, or whatever it's called is completely canceled, we have to think of her as a hostage." Master thought aloud.

"Eclipse, where did they get that."

"But it still doesn't make sense. Here we know about this government secret, but they just let us go. What's that about?" Gajeel voiced out his opinions.

"I see the logic in setting free people who might later act as witnesses in the treason trial of Acradios."

"Even if they may leak vital to secret information?"

"Perhaps they decided it could remain hidden no longer," Erza commented, "If they had just locked us op, it wouldn't have spread though."

"Maybe they're stupid," I mumbled lowly while Laxus heard my comment as he hit my head, making me clutch my head in pain.

"If you were suddenly absent from the Games tomorrow, they might figure out where you went," Mira told the other her opinion as I glared at Laxus.

"I don't think even a kingdom would want a wizard's guild as enemies,"

"To us, arresting Lucy may be seen as an absurd act but it is not inconsistent with the Royal Army's justice."

"Quit the useless talk, and let's go rescue her!!" Natsu broke the rope holding him down and before he can do anything stupid, Gramps enlarged his hand and bang Natsu down the floor like a small fly.

I chuckled at Natsu's face, "When a member of our family is taken, it's no time for a festival." Gramps gained our attention as his face had a serious expression.

"I assume you all feel the same?"

Everyone remained silent at this comment while I tried so hard not to laugh despite our situation.

"I can't help it,"

"I know we always go in full throttle without a plan but that's not a good idea against this enemy."

Still, we're not so cowardly that we can remain silent about this, not Fairy Tail!"

I saw Gramps shift his eyes to me as I understood what he wants, and I sighed.

---

"Rogue?" I saw his figure approach me with Frosch in his arms, tightly secured.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked, seeing the small tears streaming Frosch's face.

"I need you to look after Frosch for me," Rogue mumbled enough for me to hear.

"What happened Rogue?" I asked again, worried as I never saw him like that.

"Lector's gone," Frosch sobbed against Rogue chest, shocking me by the information.

"What do you mean he's gone," None of them answered my question as Rogue shook his head, comforting Frosch.

"It's because you lost," I muttered, "Is Sting okay?" He shook his head again.

"Please," He hands Frosch to me, I snuggled her to my chest as I pat her head.

"I can't Rogue," I started, "I might participate in the Games."

"I don't think you'd want me to take care of her," I finished, Frosch lifts her head as I smiled at her.

"You can protect her," I passed her to him and walked past him.

It's probably been an hour since I started walking through the forest but I never stopped.

I need to reach a place where I know that there'll be no people, so I walked till my legs ache.

"I need to let it out,"

I basked the scenery in front of me before I destroy it.

"I'm sorry," I apologized to the beautiful flowers surrounding me.

I relaxed as I gathered my magic within me until it was too much.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I released it, causing the trees around me to fall over while the wind went stronger.

"I can't,"

I drew back all of the power I released as I bottled it inside me.

I opened my eyes, seeing the damage I've done just by releasing a few of my magic.

---

"And now, in the number one position, the guild that seven years ago they called the best! Will this be the day it completes its return?!"

"Fairy Tail makes its entrance!!"

We went out, making ourselves visible from the cheering crowd.

"What?!"

"We have a change in the lineup!!"

I met Hibiki's eyes, calculating reasons as to why I'm participating.

"Natsu, who put on such an amazing show in the tag battle is missing, I wonder,"

"Hmm, I would asshume they have their reashonsh."

I felt a light glare on the side of my face, I turned my head towards it as I saw Sting glaring at me while I turned my head away.

"This is for Lucy,"

---