V

---

Kira's POV

"Hey, wanna look around?" Mira suggested as we finished settling in our inn. "Sure," I hummed, taking off my cloak and folded it neatly as I placed it on my bed.

The Capital City of the Kingdom Fiore, Crocus, 'the city of blooming flowers.' The town is filled with wizards and tourists from all over Fiore as the town hosts the annual wizard festival, The Grand Magic Games.

At its center is the castle of the King, The Palace of Flowers and Light, Mercurious. And on a hill to the west, the stadium for the Grand Magic Games, The Doms Frau.

Seeing as the games will start tomorrow, the streets are filled with stalls as wizards and tourists flood the streets, some participating or watching for the tournament.

"Look, isn't it beautiful?" Mira dragged me to different stalls, admiring the contents of it.

"My arms will fall off,"

As Mira shoved numerous stuff in my arms, I was able to catch a glimpse of spiky blond hair with a familiar revealing outfit.

"Oh, shit"

"I -uh -I think I'll go to the palace, bye!" I blurted and walked away from Mira, trying to blend through the crowd as I head to the palace.

I was greeted by numerous flowers as I got closer to the entrance of the palace and I roam around the place, admiring the flowers displayed.

Looking at different flowers, I lost track of the time that I forgot that I have to return to the inn even though I'm only a reserve member.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me turn around to face the person who dares touch me.

"We should go back," I saw Laxus with his black cloak with gray fur trimming around his shoulders.

"Why are you even here?"

"I'll be right behind you," I said, feeling familiar magic behind us.

He nodded, he took off his cloak and put it around me saying that it's too cold. As the cloak was too long for me, the end of it reaches the floor and went to the direction of our inn.

---

Sting's POV

"Well... If we ever meet in combat, we'll show you then. Show you the strength to take down a dragon." I smirked as I saw Natsu Dragneel.

"Let's go, I have no interest in the old generations." Rogue turned his back on the fairies.

"Plus, the cats who follow these washed-up dragon slayers around like bums."

"Fro thinks so too!"

We left as midnight draws near, Lector and Frosch just behind us.

"She's here right?" Rogue asked as we kept walking along the road leading to our lodging. "Yeah, I found her scent earlier," I replied,

"Let's find her!" Frosch smiled while Lector agreed at her suggestion.

"We can't it's almost midnight," Rogue answered, Frosch happiness diminishing at his answer

"I'm sure we can find her before midnight," She lightened at my words, taking a hold of Rogue's hand and dragging him where I can smell her faint scent.

We passed buildings and stalls as headed to the palace where her scent is thick there. As we arrived there, we walked through the path and followed her scent.

Finally, we spot her gazing at the flowers in front of her, without her cloak on. Seeing her for the first time without the fabric covering her body, I roamed my eyes on her body until it stopped on her right hip.

A black Fairy Tail guild mark.

I looked beside my partner, also looking at her guild mark along with Lector and Frosch. Frosch was still delighted though despite Kira's guild. Frosch ran towards her but Rogue was fast enough to take her into his arms.

Suddenly, a tall blond man with a lightning bolt-shaped scar on his right eye approached Kira. "We should go back," he said. "I'll be right behind you," she replied to the blond

He nodded at her answer and went to take off his cloak to cover her from the cold which reached the floor, "It's chilly here, idiot." He left.

"So are you just standing there like an idiot or coming here?" She faced us, her hands tucked behind her.

"Kira!" Frosch jumped from Rogue's arms and into Kira's, she happily opened her arms for the exceed and hugged her.

"You're a Fairy Tail member?" Lector approached her while she nodded.

"So when you left, this is what you meant?" Rogue followed the two and approached her.

"Yes," She answered, kneeling in front of Lector as she pats him on the head. "Will you participate in the games then?" I asked also approaching her but keeping my distance.

"I prefer to stay out of it," She shook her head, "But I'll be a reserve member."

"You lied to us," I blurted, and saw her furrowed her eyebrows. "And that's why I apologized." Clutching Frosch and now Lector in her arms as she stood up.

"Does M'lady know?" I questioned, glaring at my exceed as he snuggled in her embrace.

"I warned her, like how I warned you." She responded, walking near us.

"You should go, it's getting late." She handed Lector to me while she gave Frosch to Rogue, Frosch refusing to let go of Kira but with little words from Kira, Frosch went willingly to Rogue's arm.

"I re-" She was interrupted as a scream erupted deep in the garden. Kira faced the direction of the scream while a shriek was followed.

"You guys need to leave!" She ran towards the scream, the cloak flowing behind her.

I stepped to follow her but Rogue stopped me, "She's right, we need to leave." He persisted.

I winced as another scream was heard.

---

Kira's POV

I sat on the bed, leaning forward with my arms resting on my knees.

"You should rest, Kira." Master entered the room. "Tomorrow will be a big day, "

"I should've gone to her much earlier, " I mumbled, tears threatening to drop.

"Don't blame yourself, we'll find who did this to her." He said sternly, clenching his fist as I saw him grit his teeth.

"So rest, " He left the room. Not wanting to anger him more, I laid down and tried to rest but all I can see was Wendy's body.

Her body was lying still on the floor, so pale that she looked dead while Carla was beside her unconscious.

I tried to ignore it, I want to close my eyes without seeing her pale figure in my head.

---