Damn, I'm falling hard

"Relax, there's no need to be ashamed of your body," he said drawing shapes on my exposed arm, I didn't even realise I was tensed up until he said that "Soph I have scars too" he lifted his shirt to show a midriff littered with scars, I dragged my fingers along them and pulled his shirt down "I'm sorry Adam," he kissed my head "It's not your fault Soph." damn, I'm falling hard. "Can I come in?" I heard josh say after a couple of knocks "yes" he opened the door and smiled at the sight of us cuddled up "Pizza? or McDonald's? or KFC?" he said opening the UberEats app. "I'm allergic to gluten" Adam dropped his head obviously feeling bad about it. "I'll text you" he nodded and closed my door "Ad, look at me" I pulled his chin but no luck. "You asked for it " I swung my legs over him and sat on his thighs facing him "Ad, don't feel bad. It's not your fault" he nodded and sighed, wrapping his arms around my waist "I feel like a burden to your life" I gasped a little and cupped his cheeks "You, my friend, are the best thing that's happened in my life" I don't know what came over me but I just pressed my lips against his and pulled back "see?" he nodded and hid his head in my neck.

"as great as this is, I need to tell my dad what food we want so let me look, please" He repositioned me somehow and had my back pressed up against his chest while I sat between his legs. I chuckled and grabbed my phone texting josh "From the pizza place, a medium gluten-free cheese and a small pepperoni pls x" I put my phone down and turned to cuddle into his chest. "I'm going for a nap" he nodded and started playing with my hair letting me fall asleep. "Soph, foods here." Adam stroked my cheek with his thumb, "Okie" I roll over to face the wall and then feel Adam poking my back "Soph, c'mon" I groaned and sat up. "I was dreaming about not being woken up, clearly dreams don't come true" I sniffled wiping a fake tear away, adam just laughed and told me to stand up. repeatedly.

we headed downstairs to the living room and saw everyone already eating their pizzas. "That's yours" Tobi pointed to two boxes on the table I leaned over making my hoodie come up a bit leaving my scarred stomach exposed. I felt someone put their hand on my waist and flinched as they did. "we're gonna eat upstairs," (A/N I'm so tired rn like I cannot keep my eyes open! update: I took a nap) I hurried up the stairs, pizza in hand and sat down on my bed. "Sophie, please look at me" I heard Adam shut the door and then he kneeled in front of me "bubs what happened?" I take a deep breath in and hold my shaky hands together "Someone touched my waist, like on a burn mark" He rubbed my knee soothingly and hugged me "I'm not hungry ad" I sighed as did he, "will you have something later?" I nodded and lay my head on his shoulder.

-5 hours later (11 pm)-

"Bye bubs" I pouted and hugged Adam "See you tomorrow, stop pouting" I smiled and pulled away, getting in the car. I waved him off before Josh started driving away "what happened tonight?" I shook my head "Nothing, a few tears from both parties but overall good vibes. Cuddles that's all" I said laying with the strings of Adam's hoodie that was currently on me "Sure, so you cried and cuddled and there was definitely no kissing, he just gave you his hoodie" I nodded, hesitantly because of the 'kissing' part, not really something you wanna open up to your dad about. "When we get home you need to go to bed, it's late and you have school." I nodded and slumped down in the seat.

"Goodnight guys!" I heard a collection of goodnight's from the boys and Freya making me smile, I claimed into bed taking my hoodie off and laying my head down. I plugged my phone in and let it rest on my nightstand. I rolled over trying to fall asleep but alas, I couldn't. As if on command, my phone started buzzing, A FaceTime from none other than 'Adam😍😘💪🏻🤙🏻' I answered and leaned the phone on my water bottle so he could see me in my bed. "Hey" I sleepily whispered, "Can't sleep?" I shook my head "I've not got more than 2 hours in the past week" My eyes widened "Adam! That's bad, bubba please go to sleep, I'll not hang up. I'll stay here all night, you can easily wake me as well ok?" he nodded and lay down in his bed with me rest up against a pillow.

-3 hours later- (2 am)

"Adam?" I whispered to the boy who I had been on the phone to for the past 4 hours almost. No response, good he's still sleeping. I grabbed my school bag to see if I had any homework I could do to pass time. Nothing, I'll pop downstairs and grab my lyrics to re-write them out neater. I grab my headphones after muting myself so I didn't disturb adam on the phone. Walking downstairs quietly to not disturb anyone, I sneak into the room to grab my lyrics and head upstairs.

"soph?" I hear adam mumble, I quickly unmute myself and start walking back upstairs papers in hand "I can't sleep" he groans his voice cracking a little, I internally break but externally sigh "you've been asleep for the past four hours bubba" he shakes his head "I haven't, just been listening to you're breathing and singing. and the occasional whispers to me." I frown at him and he says "don't, just don't do that. I might ask mum if I can stay off today" I nodded in agreement and sat down at my desk to redraft my song.

"Don't worry I'll be okay, what day is it? Friday? I'm only gonna be in until 12 and then I'm getting outta there" he nods looking at me pleadingly 'help me' i melt at his face and smile "you want me to sing?" he nods and I started singing a bunch of slower songs to him as I wrote out my lyrics.

WC: 1087