Chapter 9

(The actual time plot of Scarlett being asleep was about 4 days, I decided to skip right to when she wakes up. There wasn't anything important that happened in those days.)

~Scarlett's POV~

It was dark, I had no clue as to where I was. My memory was shrouded in a fog. All I knew was my throat burned, and it was slowly growing. I heard faint footsteps coming closer. A tangible smell was in the air, I couldn't place it. I had never smelt anything like it before. Suddenly a door above me opened and I stared up into the eyes of Darien. I jumped up and tackled him to the ground. He grunted and tilted his neck to the side. Everything I was doing was instinct. I felt two sharp fangs protrude from my lips and I sank them into Darien's neck. The fresh taste that seemed like it would be so repulsive quenched the fire in my throat. He tasted sweet, like candy. Before blood had a metallic taste to it, grotesque to me. Now, it hit just the spot.  

I drank without reserve not honestly caring about what Darien felt at the moment I was allowing myself to feel what I wanted to feel. Self indulgence is the word I do believe. It was nice. Darien didn't even try to push me away. His hands rested on my waist and he sighed almost as if he was in content. When I felt my thirst subside I sat up and looked around. The room would seem pitch black to any normal person but I saw with perfect sight. I didn't know what was going on. I felt disoriented I looked around aimlessly but Iooked down when I felt a touch on my cheek. 

"You've woken up quite earlier than what was expected. You are even more beautiful." He gave me a honest smile.  

I smiled before getting off of him. 

"Am I really a vampire? I asked though there answer should be obvious considering I just drank blood.  

"Yes Scarlett you are now an immortal, a creature of the night." Darien said. 

His words made the reality of it all hit me, I expected to wake up and all of this be a dream. I didn't want to look in a mirror afraid that I would be something that I'm not. I stood up and began pacing. Darien watched me with unconcealed amusement. 

"Scarlett don't worry you just woke up. You'll have plenty of time to prepare to see the council they are not rushing you. I shall inform Julius that you have woken up and then go and tell the Father." 

His words confused me. Who was Julius and the Father? He left quickly and it made me feel alone. I wasn't sure what to do. But not one minute after Darien left another man walked in. 

"I am Julius at your service ." He said bowing with one hand over his heart. 

"I'm Scarlett." I said returning the bow after I stood up.

Julius. He had dark brown hair that glinted red in the light of the candle he was holding. His eyes were a very dark blue and his skin was pale almost translucent. His smile radiated warmth and happiness. 

"Welcome to vampire society my dear. You still look a bit thirsty would you like for me to fetch you more blood?" He asked, his head tilting to the side. 

"Um no I'm fine..." I said nervously, fidgeting I looked around. I saw I was in a fairly nice looking room, no windows.

"This isn't your permanent room dear." Julius said as if he was reading my mind.

I'm pretty sure I was giving him an odd look because he started laughing at me.

"You're the oddest vampire I've seen so far. Most new born vampires are hostile and confused. Often drinking a lot of blood before they actually come to terms with their new self. You though, you're just odd." He said.

"Now, I'm going to turn on the lights, they're low lights so they won't hurt your eyes too much. But you may feel a slight stinging sensation." I nodded and closed my eyes as he turned on the lights.

Granted it did hurt, I got used to it quickly. I started walking over to the full length mirror but Julius stopped me.

"Why don't you get ready first. Then look at the mirror. It'll make a bigger impact." Julius said smiling at me.

"I thought there was no rush for me to see the Council." 

"Well, there isn't however they wish to meet with you as soon as possible." Well, now I felt more inclined to get ready, didn't want to keep everyone waiting.

"Okay, I'll go get ready." I said.

I took a long shower, though half the time it was me adjusting the temperature of the water. My new skin was very sensitive to the heat and the cold. None the less it was refreshing. I dressed in a black pencil skirt and a white blouse over a grey long sleeve since I was feeling rather cold. I straightened my hair, without looking in a mirror. Now tell me how that works. 

"Can I look in the mirror now Julius? I need to do my make up." I said walking out.

Julius looked up at me from where he was sitting on the edge of my bed as if he had been in deep thought.

"Oh yes, sorry." He gave a slight chuckle and stood up.

I walked over to a full length mirror and gasped at the reflection that was staring back at me. She had thick and flowing dark brown hair with glints of deep red in the light of the room, pale skin porcelain like a doll, no a blemish. Her eyes were dark blue close to the pupil and a very light ice blue on the outer ring. Her body was thin, yet looked strong and healthy, a small waist, nice hips, her legs seemed thinner and longer, well defined. I didn't know who was staring back at me.

"Who is she?" I whispered.

"That, my dear, is you. New and improved." Julius said as he came up behind me watching my reflection in the mirror.

"There's no way that's me..." 

"It is." Julius said patting my shoulder.

I plopped down and began apply my make up, not there was much need for it anyway. I focused mainly on my eyes, out lining them in a thin layer of grey eyeshadow and black eye liner along with some mascara. I lined my lips in pale pink and added a sheer gloss to them perfecting the look. I slipped on a pair of black high heels and examined myself in the mirror.

"You look stunning." Darien said suddenly appearing in the door way.

I spun around to see him and smiled shyly "Uh, thanks." I said a blush creeping over my pale skin.

"The Council is gonna love you..." He said walking in and circling me making me feel highly self conscious.

"And why is that?" I asked.

"You're you." 

I nodded not fully understanding but decided to play along like I understood completely.

"Julius what do you make of Scarlett?" Darien asked turning to Julius, Julius smiled at me before turning to back to Darien.

"She's interesting, but only the Council can tell if she is truly the one spoken of. I do like her, she's different from most vampires. She's so much more tame." Julius said.

"Yes, I've observed the very same thing. She's only fed once and yet she seems totally fine." Darien said and turned and gave me an almost sly smile.

"Time to meet your new family."