Chapter 6

(I'm tryin to catch up on updating. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!! I WILL NOT BE STARTING ANY OTHER STORIES UNTIL THIS ONE IS FINISHED! So...don't ask. I'm trying to do my best on this story. If possible can I get 110 reads and 15 votes? It would mean the world.)

I couldn't sleep, too many thoughts whirled through my brain, a storm slowly building. I sat up frustrated, looking around I didn't see Darien anywhere. My birthday was fast approaching and I knew nothing on what would happen, or how I would change, or if I would hurt people when I woke up. You would think he would at least be around. I looked out of the window and saw the setting sun. I had slept all day! That was so unlike me. When I took a nap it was for maybe an hour, never any more than that. Freaky.

I began exploring the jet we were flying in, it was much larger than what it seemed to be. There were several bed rooms and bathrooms, a full sized kitchen, and a recreation room. But I still couldn't find Darien.

"Darien?" I called.

"Yes." Suddenly he was behind me, a smirk on his face. I didn't even hear him, or see him.

"Woah...how did you get there so fast?" I asked

"Being a vampire has its benefits." He said.

"What's up? Need anything?" He added

"I want to ask you some questions." I said firmly.

"Sure."

We walked back it to the main room and sat down at a table.

"You hungry?" He asked staring at me intently making me very aware of my rugged appearance.

"No thanks. I just want to know how I will change into a vampire."

"Okay well, on midnight on your birthday, you will fall into a very deep sleep. During this your body will begin the change in to vampire status. Your body will be at its most vulnerable during this period, this is when many vampires try to kill each other. So I will watch over you until you wake up. This could take from one day to two, it varies from person to person." He said, at the same moment a flight attendant came in with two waters. She placed them in front of us then quickly left.

"Okay. What happens after I wake up?" I was trying to at least figure out a few things that had been bugging me ever since this all came to light.

"You'll need to feed. Then when you're stable enough we take you to meet with the council." Instead of making everything simpler, I found it more complicated. I was making mental notes as he spoke. My questions were satisfied for now, at least I had more of an idea of what would be happening.

"Are you sure you don't want anything to eat? Do you feel alright, I know your time is approaching soon."

My head hurt, and I was dizzy but they were feelings that I had grown used to. I shook my head, signaling I'm fine.

~~~Darien's POV~~~

I watched as Scarlett gazed out of the window, I knew her thoughts were heavy weighted, and I wished I could help her. However, most stuff she needed to know would be explained to her after her transformation. I stood up and left, the smell of her blood far too tempting, I had not fed in a while and she smelled too good. I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge, searching for a metal canister. Once I had found it I quickly took the top off and downed the contents as fast as I could. Blood. We could survive without it, but we still smelt the blood in people's bodies, and craved it all the same. But some vampires in the world don't believe in drinking blood, so they survive off human food. Only taking blood in small periods, only when they need it the most. I searched for the second canister, and drank it as well.

I felt better now, and also didn't have the strong urge to bite into Scarlett's neck. I returned to the room she sat in to find her in the same position. I sat down beside her this time, glancing at her sometimes, only to find her eyes trained on me. She quickly looked away pretending she wasn't even looking in the first place. I chuckled making her glare at me, only causing me to laugh more.

She sighed standing up "I'm going to go take some headache medicine."

I watched as she walked out of the room her hand trailing along the wall as if for support. Is she okay? I followed her and sat her sit down on the floor, a bottle of water in hand, some ibuprofen in the other.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just a little dizzy spell."

She went to get up, but before I could think I picked her up, like a groom would pick up his bride. She gazed up at me a shocked expression on her face.

"You know I'm perfectly capable of walking on my own." She said stubbornly.

"Says the girl who can hardly walk a straight line." I said with a smirk.

She sighed and crossed her arms allowing me to carry her back to the living room and lay her own on the couch. I turned on the TV and put in a random movie and sat beside her.

"I feel really sleepy...like I can hardly hold my eyes open..." Scarlett whispered .

Could it be possible she was falling into her sleep prematurely?

"I'm going to make a call."

I leave the room, but still stand nearby to where I could hear Scarlett.

"Come on old man...pick up." I whispered into my dialing phone.

"Hello."

"Father Sinsata, I'm on the plane to Romania, with Scarlett. But I have a question?" I was trying to get this done with as soon as possible so I could return to Scarlett. Her heart beat was slower than normal, and her breathing was deep.

"Yes. Go on boy."

"Is it possible she could fall into her sleep early? She's very tired, and she only awoke from a nap an hour or two ago. Her birthday is in a few days,. And her breathing is slow, her heart beat is slowing down."

"Hm...how odd. I wouldn't count it as likely, but it's possible." He said, I hung up.

When I walked back in to the room, Scarlett was fast asleep.