Chapter 2

Hello my lovelies! How are you all today? Thank you for your votes and support it really means a lot to me, but make sure to keep that love coming! Have a wonderful day! XOXO -Lanie

"It's almost time my dear." The voice whispered, it was the same voice that had been in my reoccurring nightmares.

"Time for what?" I whispered as I looked around seeing nothing but the black abyss that had encased me.

"You're going to change. Tick, tock, tick, tock. Time's running out." The voice said laughing, a dark evil laugh that made me want to hide away from the darkness.

"Why won't you leave me alone?" My voice came out weak and dry.

"Everything is meant to be...." The voice faded away.

Just like before pain began coursing through me and all I wanted to do was die. 

~~~

When I woke up I was struggling to get out of the unbearably hot covers in my bed, only I wasn't in my own bed. Where was I? How in the world did I get here? I saw a figure asleep in a chair by my bed, but I couldn't make out who or what it was. I opened my mouth about to scream at the intruder in my room.

"Scarlett?" The person whispered: mom.

"Momma?" My voice was like that of a child who had come to her parent’s bedside crying after a bad dream.

She was over by my side before I could blink holding me in her arms gently rocking me back and forth, motherly love pouring out of her.

"Oh Honey, I've been so worried!" She exclaimed, she pulled away and looked at me, dark circles were under her eyes, her skin pale and clammy as if she hadn’t slept a wink.

"I've only been out for a little while." I said confused.

"Oh no Dear you've been out for almost two whole days!" She exclaimed hugging me again.

I looked at her, my mouth opened in a shocked "O" "Two days!" I couldn’t believe what she was saying, there was no way I had been out for so long!

"Yes the doctors did a CT scan and found nothing wrong there, but they've been giving you regular blood transfusions saying you had a low blood level. They said you were on the anemic side.” She said, her voiced laced with concern and unrest.

"Well...that's not normal..." I trailed off.

Something was very, very wrong. Soon doctors came in and asked me about the whole thing; they symptoms I felt, my diet, how I had felt the past few days, the whole deal.

"Do you feel any better?" My mom asked putting her hand to my forehead.

"At the moment." I said

"Well get some more rest. If you're up to it you can still go to the family reunion that's in a few days."

"Yeah, that sounds great." I said.

Despite being out for two days I was still tired and I quickly fell asleep. When I woke up next I was woken up by Alex and my mom talking.

"Alex..." I smiled.

Alex hugged me tightly to him, his worry tangible in his aura.

"I was really scared for you short stuff." He said seriously with his lopsided grin.

I glared at him "You're only like three inches taller than me. That does not make me short!" I pouted.

"Yes it does." He answered.