Chapter 22

I loved this chapter, I really enjoyed writing it because you just feel for all the characters so much. And it was just really emotional to me. I hope you enjoy it! Make sure you vote and comment! XOXO -Lanie

Darien’s P.O.V

I ran to Father Sinsata’s office, barging through the door without knocking. Corleen, Aqua, and Julius were sitting in there with him but as soon as they saw me they all stood up.

“What is it?” Father Sinsata asked.

“Scarlett is missing. I can’t find her anywhere. She’s gone!” I said in-between gasps of breath.

“What? What do you mean? How can she just be gone?” Corleen asked in panic.

“I think she was kidnapped. It would make sense. She’s emerged and her powers are growing and the day the prophecy is to be fulfilled is growing closer and closer. How could I have left her alone?” I said as I slumped down into a chai running my hands through my hair.

“Her aura is gone. I can’t sense her.” Julius said in confirmation of my fears.

“Don’t worry. We will find her. I think I have an idea of who has her.” The father said bringing us in to a huddle.

~~~Scarlett’s P.O.V~~~

I awoke feeling groggy, I couldn’t remember what happened. Where was I? I tried to sit up but my arms and legs were chained to something. As I opened my eyes I saw that I was in a dimly lighted room, candles were scattered about the room setting it aglow. I looked down and saw I was in a different outfit that what I remembered being in. I was in a long blood red velvet gown. It was so long it went off the table and cascaded down onto the floor, and the neck line was much steeper than I was comfortable with. I began struggling against the chains but I found myself so weak, I was drained of all energy.

“It’s no use love.”  A voice called from the darkness, and Valistar walked into the room.

“Valistar? Where am I? What happened?” I asked in desperation.

“Oh Scarlett. I’m so sorry for this. But you see, you are a valuable piece in my chess game. You are the Queen, the most powerful piece. And without the Queen, everyone else is lost.” He said as he walked closer to me, running a hand across my cheek.

“Why?” Was all I could ask.

“Because I have always been shunned, left in the dark to rot. No one has ever loved me, and no one ever will. So I figured, why not be evil?” He said in a sad tone, looking down at me.

“What happened to make you this way? Why were you shunned? What did you do?”

“I was believed a mad man, I was accused for the murder of Darien’s supposed mate, although at the time I didn’t know Darien, I knew the name but I never knew him personally. So how was I supposed to know that the girl was his supposed mate? Although the woman was actually a whore who was just toying with his heart, but he wanted to be loved for so long, he would do anything in the name of love.”

~~~Valistar’s P.O.V~~~

I watched her as she walked along the streets, she was a gem. Dark chestnut brown hair, deep caramel eyes. I felt my thirst building up inside me as her delicious scent blew with the wind in the air. I followed her as she walked to her car. I pounced on her, knocking her into the car. I swiftly bit into her neck, draining her crimson life force. She dropped to the ground dead.

“Carla!” A voice called out followed by the sound of running footsteps.

I turned to the man, he was tall and fairly handsome with green eyes and black hair, “What did you do?” He yelled, kneeling down and holding the women in his arms, whispering her name over and over again.

“I-I didn’t know. I just thought she was a random women…” I said, and at the time I was genuinely sorry. I didn’t have total control over my thirst. It takes vampire a long time to fully gain control of their thirst.

“I will remember you. Mark my words.” He said as he ran away.

~~~Scarlett’s P.O.V~~~

I honestly felt a little bad for Valistar despite that he had be chained to a table.

“I never got a chance to explain. He just thought that I was a murderer. I was never allowed to tell my side of the story. Father Sinsata drove me out of the church and shunned me from the Council, sentencing me to being alone and abandoned for the rest of my life. I grew bitter. As would anyone if their supposed family left them to rot like mine did.” He said trailing a hand down my neck causing me to shiver involuntarily.

“But you see now, I can have my revenge. Because you are the most powerful vampire there is, and you are Darien’s true mate. He will come for you and I will destroy him and any other vampires that stand in the way of me and what I want.”

“Valistar. You don’t have to do this. Maybe I can get Darien and Father Sinsata to listen to you. There’s no reason for this.” I said in a soft whisper.

“No! I will not settle for anything less than what I want, and what I want is the council, I want power, your powers that is. I wish things could have been different love.”

Valistar leaned down, his breath on my neck. He kissed my neck, right on the place where my pulse was beating rapidly. Then he bit down gently, relishing in the taste of my blood, I couldn’t help but let out a soft whimper of both enjoyment and pain. Being fed from was such an exciting feeling, even if it was against your will. Whenever he pulled away he placed a firm and passionate kiss on my lips.

“I would be lying if I said I didn’t love you.” He whispered, and I saw his eyes were glistening with tears, I couldn’t tell if he was truly evil, or just lost and misunderstood.

“I will be back later. If you promise to behave you will have your own room, I want you to live comfortably until it’s time.” He said before leaving.

Only then did I feel tears well in my eyes, only then did I allow them to fall.

“Darien…”  Is what my heart cried.

Make sure to leave me a comment on what you think and to vote!