Chapter 16

Hey guys! Time for an update. Thank you everyone who is reading this story, every read and every vote means the world to me and makes my day. XOXO -Lanie

"Alex! Wait." I don't know why I chased after him, I felt like I should talk to him, "Scarlett, don't. Just go away." Although his voice was cold and harsh when his eyes found mine they were still warm.

"I'm sorry." Was all I managed to say.

"Go!" He slightly raised his voice which shocked me, I turned away and went outside to the balcony, for once I wasn't surrounded by people.

"Hey...beautiful." A voice called out to me. I look across into a tree and see Valistar sitting there with his legs dangling over the edge, a grin on his face.

"Valistar! What are you doing here? Father Sinsata would kill you if he knew you were here!"

"I know, but I wasn't gonna miss seein you presented. You look like the epitome of beauty by the way." He scooted over closer and his face caught the gentle moon light and his eyes were clouded with mystery and other things I couldn't seem to figure out.

"Here, I brought you something." He handed me a small black velvet box and a red rose.

"You know you didn't have to..." I knew this was probably something expensive and unnecessary.

"I know. Just open it." I did as he said and opened the box, a gleaming black rose necklace shone up at me on a red velvet ribbon.

"Valistar! This is...so beautiful..."

"Here let me put it on you." He was suddenly in front of me and he gently took the necklace out of the box and stepped behind me. His hand were cold and brought a shiver through my body and goosebumps to my skin. Valistar chuckled and pulled me backwards to him, his warm breath on my ear.

"You are something else...listen to your heart Scarlett. It'll tell you who to be with." Suddenly he was gone and a breeze took his place.

I hear someone approaching and I turned to see Aqua walking to me.

"Stay away from him My Lady...you will regret ever knowing him." She had obviously seen the scene between Valistar and I.

Feeling like I needed a break from everyone I walked off into the woods,where the sound of the party faded and calmness surrounded me. I sat down on a bench placed under the shade of the trees. Not that it was sunny or anything but nonetheless. It was nice. But my peace was over too soon as I heard the crunching of footsteps coming my way and suddenly the bright red hair of the young man I had met earlier came into view.

"Mind if I sit with you My Lady?" He asked bowing down on one knee.

"Please, there's no need to bow. You can sit." He gave me a lopsided smile and took his seat next to me.

His name was Garret...I remembered that. He kept stealing glances at me that were making me feel nervous, and I began twitching. He seemed like he was up to something. I don't like to make accusations about people but I had a really bad feeling.

"I should go." I said quickly as I stood up.

Garret suddenly was in front of me and he backed me into the tree, trapping me in, a hand placed over my mouth. "You're quite special aren't you?" He whispered, I whimpered but he kept talking.

"Don't worry we have special plans for you. You could rule the world, and that's exactly what you're gonna let us do." He was talking like there was another person involved.

Oh God I've only been in Vampire Society for 1 day and I'm already getting kidnapped. I managed to get one hand free and I used it to land a solid punch at Garrets' face, bones crunching under impact. His grip loosened, just enough to get free. I felt raw power surge through me, my body seemingly glowed like a fire was lit from within. I can honestly say I had no idea what was happening.

Garret charged at me and I took his arm and knelt down, flinging him over my shoulder. It seemed as if everything was in slow motion. An electric bolt flew from my hand and into Garret, but he didnt stop his relentless attack. He grabbed my throat and lifted me up into the air, he was incredibly strong and it felt as if my very life was being sucked out of me. He smashed me down onto the ground and I felt several bones break. I grabbed his arms and dug my nails into his flesh and focused on the electric current I had felt earlier. With all my power I imagined that electricity pounding into his body. He made a deep low growl and tighten the grip on my throat.

"Scarlett!" I heard Julius yell, he ran smack into Garret and knocked me from his grip. Darien proceeded to scoop me up like I weighed nothing. Julius was suddenly at my side as Darien gently set me down. Julius wrapped and arm.around my waist and held me close to him.

"Protect us." He whispered and I watched as a shimmering shield formed around us.

"I knew he was bad news. Are you okay?" He asked me softly, I nodded my head.

"Who do you work for?" Dariens' low dangerous growl of a voice brought my attention to him. He stood over Garret, his eyes holding a glare that could kill.

"Its none of your concern." Garret muttered.

"When you tried to hurt Scarlett, you made it my business." He said as he kicked him in the stomach making blood trickle from his mouth.

"Don't kill him Darien! We can take him to Father Sinsata!" Julius said trying to tame the beast that was being unleashed in Darien.

"He needs to start talking now if wants to even hope for that kind of mercy!"

"Who is "he"?" Darien asked pointlessly.

When he realized Garret had passed out he ran over to me "Scarlett are you okay?"

"I think I may have broken a couple of ribs, otherwise I'm fine."

So Darien dragged Garret to Father Sinsata and he demanded to speak with him in private. Father Sinsata leaned down and looked Garret in the eyes.

"Child, you're in for it now. Who is your clan leader?"

"I'm from the Russian Clan." He said complying fully.

"Don't let him out of your sight!" Father Sinsata said before leaving the room.

"Why did you attack Scarlett !? Who are you with? Talk damnit!" Darien yelled furiously.

Suddenly Corleen busted into the room and ran over to me followed by Aqua, Father Sinsata and a man I didn't know. He was livid judging by the aura that surrounded him. He grabbed Garret by his shirt and brought his face close to his.  

"You disgrace your clan. How dare you do this! Who do you work for?"

"He who lurks in the shadows basks in the light. Her heart he is after and is closer than he seems." Was all he said.

The man who was holding Garret spit on his shoes and shoved him to the ground "Do not show your face ever again. If you do I will personally see to the end of your existence. You are to be exiled to Alaska immediately."

He bowed to me before leaving and several huge buff men came in and escorted Garret out. Finally I collapsed on the floor, my nerves gone, only fear pumped through my veins.

"You did really good Honey." My sister said sitting beside me patting my back.

I suddenly looked at everyone and stood up, "Guys...I think I'm beginning to develop my powers."