Chapter 7

(Hellur again. Thank you, you amazing people that read, comment, and vote for this story. It means so so much. Okay...on with the chapter. XOXOXO)

Darien's POV

"Scarlett?" I knelt down beside her and grasped on to her shoulders, shaking her lightly. She didn't move.

I shook her again and she still didn't respond. I felt her skin, it was as cold as ice. I picked up her wrist and felt her pulse, slow and even. I shook her again, slightly harder, still no response. She had indeed gone into her transformation, rather early. Currently she was dead to the world, nothing could wake her. I put blankets over all the windows that way her skin wouldn't burn in the sunlight. She was very sensitive to it at moment.

I wondered how much of the council knew that we had found her. Most likely everyone knew, which honestly wasn't good. They would tell other people, and those people would tell other people, and before we knew it everyone would know.  After that, people would be after her. I will protect her. At all costs.

I recalled Father Sinsata "She's asleep. She's entered the transformation."

"Okay. When will you arrive in Romania?" He asked.

"A few hours." I replied.

"Okay." The tone dial rang, signalling he had hung up.

I looked at Scarlett, her skin would become ghost white, and her hair would grow long and dark. Her eyes would change color too, but I couldn't predict what color they would turn to. She seemed so innocent, laying on her back, a hand over her stomach, and and arm over her eyes.  She seemed so fragile, like she would turn to dust if I touched her carelessly, like a porcelain doll. With us being thousands and thousands of feet in the air, I doubted we would be attacked. I moved over and put Scarlett's head in my lap and ran my fingers through her hair. I don't know why I felt compelled to do it, but it felt right to me. Her silk hair gliding over my hands, a moving shadow. She leaned into my touch in her sleep and a smile appeared on my face.

If Scarlett woke up, with an uncontrollable lust for blood, it would be my job to kill her. As a Dark Slayer that was my job and obligation to the council. I had to keep the demons in Hell, as well as kill vampires who lost control. I only prayed she didn't fall to such a fate. I remember my transformation. I had woken up with no other vampires around, so I had killed humans. A normal vampire wouldn't kill them, only drink a little of their blood, heal the wounds, then change their memory. We weren't allowed to actually kill humans, it was seen as a crime. That's why I was going to make sure that I was there when she woke up. 

I stood up, setting Scarlett down gently and listened intently. Someone stood on the other side of the door, their heart thudding in their chest...vampire. 

"Who's there?" I ask.

"Hm, what precious cargo you have there." The vampire said stepping into the room, their face covered by the darkness.

"If you value your life I suggest you leave." I spat, my hand itching for the blade dipped in holy water that rested on the ground by the couch.  

"I'm leaving with what I came for." 

He suddenly lunged at me knocking me to my side. I grabbed the knife and swung up at his neck. He rolled over and got down in a crouch. 

"You can't take her!" I seethed as I ran at him again.

I grabbed his arm and flipped him over my shoulder. I sat on top of him and went to plunge the blade into his heart, but he rolled me over. He was stronger than I expected. Hired most likely.

"Just let me have the girl." He spoke again reversing the blade and pressing it closer to my own heart.

I twisted his arm, the blade sunk into the rich carpet. I grabbed my other knife that rested in my boot and threw it at him. It sunk into his arm and a hissing noise began, as his skin began burning and wasting away around where the blade impacted. He let out a low growl in agony as he pulled the blade as quickly as he could from his arm. It had distracted him long enough to where I could grab hold of his arms and twist them. The crunching of bones was the only sound you could hear.

"Who sent you?" I asked twisting his arms further.

"I'll die before I tell you." He said spitting on the carpet.

"Have it your way." I said and twisted his arms completely off.

He howled and bellowed trying desperately to get me off of him. I grabbed his neck and held him still, my hand gradually applying pressure until he stopped moving. His eyes darted around frantically. With the other hand I reached over and grabbed my knife again. I reapplied holy water on it, just for safe measures, before plunging it into his neck. Slowly the holy water ran through his veins, killing him quickly. His eyes rolled back into his head and his heart became coated in holy water, stopping it's function. All in a day's work.

That is why I have to protect Scarlett. People are after her. So, this means word has already spread. Hopefully I wouldn't have to kill again. It's my job, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. It's just what I'm good at. 

('Kay! So what do you think? Is it absolutely terrible? Good? Let me know!)