Chapter 14

Updating finally, I'll try to update more often. sorry guys. Thanks to all you who put up with me and my late updating and stuff. Keep reading, close to 1,000. This would be my 3rd story to reach 1,000 reads, just have a little more to go. And as usual please forgive any mistakes, it's the end of the first Monday from coming off of Spring Break, I'm a little scatter brained.

Before we knew it the time for the ball was here, Corleen woke me up bright and early (So about 6pm), jumping about my bed, talking excitedly. I couldn't even form full sentences yet and Corleen was throwing questions at me a millions miles per second.

"Hold on okay? I just woke up." I muttered going to the bathroom.

"No! Don't. We'll fix everything for you. You do absolutely nothing today."

I grumbled and sat back down on my bed trying to do something to wake up, I don't know how I was going to do anything at the rate I was going.

"Arn't you excited!?" Corleen said enthusiastically hugging me, "Yes, I am. However, that does not mean I want to get up at the butt crack of dawn." I mumbled.

"Oh don't be such a sour puss." She whined playfully slapping my cheeks.

While Corleen bustled about the room, my breakfast was brought to me; a tall glass of blood, pancakes, eggs, and an English muffin. I devoured it, not really realizing how hungry I was. Once I ate I was much more awake and aware of the steadily growing nerves in my stomach. What if I screwed up? I mean, yeah I had been training in dance and etiquette and stuff like that with Julius, but still. I'm me, so that means screwing up is 95% in the future.

"Stop worrying, you'll do fine Honey." Corleen said sitting beside me, taking a moment from her hyperactivity to rub my back and comfort me.

"How do you know what I'm thinking?" 

"Because, I'm just good at picking up on your emotions and sometimes bits and pieces of your thoughts that go with them." She said as if it was simple, "Oh." Was all I managed to utter out.

"But, back to the glitz and the glamor." My sister said standing up, "Let's get you ready for the Grand Ball."

So I sat in a comfy chair facing a huge mirror as my sister bustled about me, she was working on my hair first and made me close my eyes so I couldn't see anything. I did hear and feel a lot of cold spray products going into my hair as well as gentle tugging and pulling. I felt the heat of some sort of appliance, the various bobby pinning and such.

"Okay, you can open your eyes." 

I opened my eyes and was amazed at the elegant up do my sister had done. My black hair had been braided into a bun, small pieces were curled and framed my face and sparkling white hair clips had been placed into my hair at random and glowed under the light. 

"Wow..." I just stared at myself and glanced at my sister who was grinning like an idiot in the mirror clearly happy with her work.

"Now, time to do your make up. I know, light, simple, elegant. You need not tell me."

I closed my eyes and let her do her work. She wasn't working long and I once again opened my eyes amazed at how simple yet perfect my sister had made me become. I had light grey eye shadow that turned black as you got closer to the lash line and made my eyes seem bigger and pop with vibrancy. 

"Now follow me." I got up and followed her into my bedroom where a large box had been placed on my bed.

"When did this get here?" I asked.

"Just now." She said, "Now, take off your robe and close your eyes."

I felt fabric slip over my body, it was heavy, that's for sure. Corleen stood behind me pulling the strings in the back of my dress as tight as she possibly could, squeezing the life out of me.

"Final time. Open your eyes."

I gasped and tears filled my eyes at the beautiful dress I was now wearing. It was a classic ball gown, sweetheart neck like and strapless, the top corset part was white, but as the dress continues it turns light grey, to stormy grey, and so on and so forth until at the bottom it's black as night. What amazed me the most was that at the end of the dress it was lined with tiny blood red roses that you could see if I moved the right way. Not to sound like a narcissist, but I looked amazing. Like something out of a fairy tale. Just, elegant and classy, I felt my aura oozing power and radiance and it was the best feeling in the world.

"So? What do you think of your dress?" Corleen asked.

"It's breath taking, perfect, godly, I love it. Thank you so much, you made me look like some sort of princess." I turned around and hugged her tightly.

"You look like a princess without my help Love. Now, I'm going to go get ready, and then Father Sinsata is going to escort you to the ball. Your shoes are sitting on your bed." With that she was gone.

I slipped on the sparkling pair of black heels that sat on my bed and sat down, my hands folded in my lap. I glanced at the clock and was shocked that it was already 10:00, and the party started at 11:00. I couldn't believe such time had passed and I was getting ready to be showcased to the entire vampire society. Saying I was overwhelmed didn't cover it.

"Scar, you need to keep calm." Suddenly Corleen was here against, dressed in a dark aqua sequined dress that flowed down to the floor and hugged her perfect body tightly, she had her hair curled, and her make up was simple. She was gorgeous.

"You, will be the star of the show." She said once again reading my mind.

"Now, let's take you to Father Sinsata and introduce you to the world."

Sorry I know it's short, work with me here. Promise to update again soon. XOXO ~Lanie