Chapter 8

(Hello Lovlies. Rate, vote, comment. Please :3 I'll love you for it. Maybe give you a cookie. If you're nice. Sorry I'm hyper. This is still Darien's POV.)

I cleaned up the mess I had managed to create, took a shower, and drank another cup of blood, still feeling restless. Guess that's one of the odd feelings of being a vampire. You hardly ever slept, the only time when vampires sleep is when they're regenerating from serious wounds or after they first wake up. A few hours after you wake up you'll go back to sleep. Since your body is still adjusting to the new form it's easily tired. 

I sat down and flipped open my phone scrolling through the contacts. I dialed Father Sinsata's number.

"Yes?" 

"How much of the council knows of Scarlett. We were just attacked." I said seriously taking my spot next to Scarlett's head.

"Attacked by who?"

"He didn't give his name, or who sent him. I killed him though." I said, a hint of triumph in my tone.

"Good. Only the very close members of the council know that we've actually found her, unless we have a rat in the group." He said.

"Interrogate the members that do know because information has got out. Does Valistar know?" I couldn't help but feel the malice and hate seeping into my veins.

"No, Valistar hasn't been around. Not that I am aware of at least." He said.

"Good. We don't need him snooping around." I said then quickly hung up.

Hopefully someone would confess to leaking the information, that way we could possibly find out who sent the assassin. Other than that we were blind. I closed my eyes and fell into the closest thing that could resemble sleep.

~~~

"Sir, we've arrived in Romania." I was woken up by a flight attendant standing in front of me.

"Okay, is the car here?" I asked standing up.

"Yes."

I nodded and went to the cargo hold of the ship. I pulled out a coffin that had been brought with us, for this specifically. I picked up Scarlett and set her down in the red silk lined coffin. I pressed a kiss to her forehead and whispered.

"Sleep well." I closed the coffin and locked it.

I carried it outside and slipped it into the back of the hearse that was provided for us. I got into the passenger's seat.

"Chapel on top of Arborele de Pescuit." I said to the driver.

He nodded his head and set off. The familiar surroundings I had grown up to passed me by like mere flashes. 

Soon we arrived at the Council's Headquarters. It lay on the hill top of a mountain, over looking the city, yet hid from view. The chapel was massive, like an old, elegant castle. It seemingly blended in with the surroundings. The plush green grass sprung forth flowers of every color and every kind. Deep green vines wove up and along the grey walls like a python holding it's prey. We wove around the circle drive way that surrounded a large, flowing fountain of crystal blue water and stopped in front of the two large cathedral doors. 

"Here you are Sir." The driver said.

"Thank you." I said tossing him his money.

I carried Scarlett's coffin inside setting her down by the door. The room was dark, except for the dim lights that glowed from the candles in front of the church. A man knelt down in front of the candles and by his aura I knew who he was instantly.

"Brother Julius, so good to see you." I said as I walked up and knelt down beside him.

He looked up at me with a small smile "Hello Brother Darien." 

Julius looked around and spotted the coffin.

"Is that her?" He asked.

"Yes, does the Father know we've arrived?" I asked.

"He is aware." Julius stated then put his head down again, praying.

Julius used to be human, we found him at the site of a horrid accident. The metal and glass splayed everywhere, Julius cried to us, begging us that we kill him and end his suffering. Bones protruded from his skin, blood trickled down the road, the smell thick in the air. Father Sinsata saw something in him, he had an insight for things like that, so he turned him. Julius was grateful that we turned him, he was completely dedicated to the Council. He thought he owed us his life, though that wasn't true. 

"Well, I shall take her to her room." I said walking and picking up the coffin again.

I carried Scarlett to her room, now all I had to do was wait for her to wake up. I couldn't leave her side so I reclined back on the bed and closed my eyes. 

(I've been trying to drag out Scarlett being asleep for as long as I can but I'm ready to move on with the plot. These last couple of chapters have been rather boring if you ask me, but it's about to get good. I promise. Thanks for reading and voting and stuff. Sorry if it seems like everything is progressing rather quickly I just don't want to bore ya'll.)